My wife got eggs from the store

miron28

Songster
11 Years
Sep 8, 2008
lenoir north carolina
we ran out of the home layed eggs so my DW bought a dozen at the store and didn't tell me..
rant.gif
.. well i sat down and started eating the eggs.. well you can tell a big difference i thought they were nasty tasting. i thought there was something wrong with my girls. i told my DW that these eggs taste nasty and she says " these are store bought eggs " even my daughters would not eat them.

So after eating fresh eggs do you eat store bought eggs? did you taste a difference?

I've never eaten fresh eggs and I don't like eggs at all. I've always thught they tasted icky.

the difference is terrible!!!! I hate store bought eggs!!! I didn't really notice the transition from store bought to fresh, but vice versa is horrible!

EWWWWWWWW, store eggs !!! I only eat store eggs when I go out for breakfast (they dont have "real" eggs) and YES they taste gross !!!

Anemic, small pale yolks, cloudy whites and let me tell you, grade A eggs when cracked open, placed in/on pan, the whites will stand up, small amount of running. Try that will a store bought egg.

My girls have not started laying again after moult...had to have eggs...need I say more? The whole house hold is surprised that to fill up, it can take 3 eggs (store bought) and 1 home growed cluckle berry!

We are spoiled.

Farm fresh is the way we go. If eggs are running low at our place, I will buy store bought, but I use them to bake with. I save ours to eat for breakfast.

Quote:
Ah, thank you, MissPrissy, I saw that yesterday when I was cracking eggs to make banana bread and wondered - they were fresh from the hen earlier in the day!

Back
Top Bottom