Naked Neck/Turken Thread

:weee :celebrate
Ordered some Naked Neck pullets :) :) well little chickies :) :) gonna get them probably the 8th or 9th of this month cannot wait. They are going to be red ones. Glad I kept Pizza my Naked Neck x Black Copper Marans crossed rooster :) gonna make some cute babies when they get older. 
:weee :celebrate :love
:woot

Who'd you order from and what colors do you anticipate getting? They really are the cutest chicks. You're going to have a blast!!

Newest Naked Neck chicks.
131122003.jpg

1 FM, and the rest are blacks, blues and barred.
Lisa

You can send me #'s1, 3 and 6. . . . aw, just go ahead and put them all in the box. ;)

btw, the frizzle egg was more on the green side. Got my second one today.

Well I'm new to the Naked Neck club! One of my sons LOVES turkies. Real turkies. (what is the plural of turkey?) But we cannot have one here. We do have chickens and I decided we needed one or two more so I told him we could get a turken. He was over the moon. So I do all the looking up where to get one and find some near here. Pick the boys up after school and drive right out. 

Now my boy Ethan is ADORABLE. And he knows it. So we get there and he falls for her 2 year old not necessarily for sale Buff Turken. She was really trying to sell the 10 month old whites. But Ethan is in love and it's adorable so suddenly the Buff is for sale. I pull her aside and make sure she is ok with it, she is so I go to the car to get the carrier. I get back and she pulls ME to the side to ask if I would consider ALSO getting a Cornish White Bantam because apparently Ethan is in love with her too. 

So I sure did go out for a single white young naked neck and come back with a 2 year old Buff Naked Neck AND a 2 year old White Bantam Cornish! OH and Ethan admired her eggs (she has a very mixed flock and spectacular eggs) so I cam home with 12 mixed eggs too. We didn't need eggs, but she wouldn't even let me pay for them. Sheesh! 

Pics tomorrow! I can't wait to get to know my new Buffy. 

Turkeys! :lol: How old is Ethan . . . sounds like he has you charmed too!

Anyone here breed real Naked Necks? ( not naked necked mutts, but the true breed that conforms to the standard ? )

Curious, as though I'm seriously in love with Naked Necked chickens, I rarely ever see anyone with true, purebred, showable Naked Necks. I'd love to see some.

Good luck with all the new Naked Necks!

KK, I sure wish you were closer...

I have a line I'm breeding back *toward* ASOP Naked Neck standards. They will basically be black Nacked Neck Rocks, but a couple generations of selective breeding should put them closer. I don't have whites, reds, or buffs to work with.
I have a couple of black and blue hens now that are 'correct', but are on the small side. Technically they would still be Naked Neck mutts, but if they conform to ASOP standard... you know.

This weeks hatch started last night --- got 5 new Naked Neck chicks out far.

Lisa

Well this is the best pick so far, she is always moving away from me! She seems to be settlling in nicely with the other girls though. She is LOUD. Maybe she just has a lot to say. My sons have named her Turkster.

This pullet was selected from my 4 NNs because she's the only one with yellow skin and soles on her feet. Like Erin K, there wasn't much cooperation today. I haven't shown before, but wouldn't be hesitate to show her.

Illia- the Naked Neck club is trying to get active again. I'm sure some members have what you're looking for. The email is [email protected]

Though... I haven't seen any new activity since signing up... did anybody else get anything?

I'm also working on a LF line more or less meeting the ASOP- type, skin color etc more/less match the standard however they still are mixed colors at the moment- cuckoo, blue, blue barred, buff, blue tail buff. I could develop a line of blacks from this using the cuckoos(rooster is B/b+), but am currently overwhelmed by several other projects already in progress... As is, this group is being selected for large heavy size plus maintaining good production of large, x large eggs(just got a jewelry weight for the eggs).

Good luck with all the new Naked Necks!
KK, I sure wish you were closer...
I have a line I'm breeding back *toward* ASOP Naked Neck standards. They will basically be black Nacked Neck Rocks, but a couple generations of selective breeding should put them closer. I don't have whites, reds, or buffs to work with.
I have a couple of black and blue hens now that are 'correct', but are on the small side. Technically they would still be Naked Neck mutts, but if they conform to ASOP standard... you know.
This weeks hatch started last night --- got 5 new Naked Neck chicks out far.
Lisa

Would love to see this line.

Welcome to all new members, congrats on all new babies and birds!

Who'd you order from and what colors do you anticipate getting? They really are the cutest chicks. You're going to have a blast!!

I got them from Efowl hatchery :) and they are going to be red ones which is fine.. :) I'm hoping that this spring time Shipton's big R has some they always have different colored ones :)

Back
Top Bottom