Need help baby chicks hatching now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my fisrt time

shay20

Shay's Flock of Fun
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
in the wild, Mass
I have a baby chick hatching in an incubater now, i so far do i take it out now or how long do i wait its fully running around still a little wet what do i do
i have a thanksgiving chick
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

I would leave it in the incubator until it is completely dry. Also, the more you open the incubator, the more your temps and humidity change. This could affect the outcome of the rest of your hatch. It will not hurt to leave the chicks in there until all have hatched. They absorb the yolk and that will keep them sustained for a while. If you must take the chick out, do it quickly so your temps and humidity are not deeply affected. Good Luck with the rest of your hatch.
Happy Thanksgiving!
smile.png

I think this is the one we put in a week before to test it fisrt. Thank you so much AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you too. what a thanksgiving morning.
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
love.gif
love.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Here it is my first hatched chick ever. Ok its not the one i put a week eirler than the others. Oh my god how cute. he crying so much. hoping all over the place.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

13887_dsci0562.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Cool! I personally don't think they are crying- I think they are cheeping their encouragement to the unhatched chicks. Listen close and sometimes you can hear the ones who are about to pip cheep back at him.
thumbsup.gif

I agree with Chikkinlittlesc. Leave the chick in there. It will be fine for awhile. The chick has absorbed the yolk sac so this is all the nutrients it will need for a good bit. I try to leave mine for about 12 to 24 hours after hatching. I know thats hard to do but it will be good for your chick and your eggs yet to hatch in the long run. When removing the chick do it quickly as to not loose much humidity in your bator. Good luck and we want to see pics after your chicks fluff out!!
thumbsup.gif

What a sweetie! He/She should be fine to take out when completely dry. How soon are the others due to hatch? If this one will be alone in the brooder, I would put some type of stuffed animal with it to make it feel secure until the others arrive.

Thanks you guys, it is hard i feel bad becouse it looks so uncomfortable , it keeps falling in the other holes that dont have eggs, it fell in head first just a minute ago, i so whanted to take it out, but it moved, im so excited.
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom