Need some help really bad, maggots ate through my rooster neck!

I'm sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

Yeah, I had him all better from the Botulism, but I think the maggots may have got in him.

Here are come pictures of him

Yes he is a Cornish Cross, no he was not suffering, he is not dead because he was to big. He had a healthy heart and VERY strong legs, he was never caged he was alway able to move around so that really helps if you hve Cornish Crosses, make sure they have LOTS of room you will be amazed how well they do.

Picture028.jpg

Here is General next to his girlfriend, he looks HUGE next to her.

Picture040.jpg

There is a great drug called CAPSTAR to use on maggots. Its a pill for dogs and cats to kill fleas.

Our vet treated our rooster for a bad maggot infested wound by grinding this drug up and irrigating the wound after all the bigger maggots were out.
It kills the larva too. Its available at feed stores, etc. I also read about giving it to wildlife to kill maggots.
Don't know about orally in chickens, but itseems it would be a very good last ditch thing to try in a very severe/advanced case in a favorite chicken.
From what I understand the maggots just begin to die and fall off in 30-60 min.

Good luck if you are reading this because you have a pet bitd wit maggots and hopr this tip helps.

Back
Top Bottom