Neighbors are complaining!

hrsuperstar

In the Brooder
Dec 20, 2017
Hey my chicken peeps! I have two backyard chickens in San Mateo CA. Recently one of my ladies has been naming noise in the morning (let's say 6 am) and when we come out to open to coop we have a neighbor who is yelling out her window to "Shut those chickens up!". She has not reached out to us (it is a apartment complex so I'm not sure which one she is in) and I am concerned that she is going to complain. I don't want to be THAT neighbor that is disturbing the peace but I also love our girls. I feel in a bind. Any suggestions?

Hey my chicken peeps! I have two backyard chickens in San Mateo CA. Recently one of my ladies has been naming noise in the morning (let's say 6 am) and when we come out to open to coop we have a neighbor who is yelling out her window to "Shut those chickens up!". She has not reached out to us (it is a apartment complex so I'm not sure which one she is in) and I am concerned that she is going to complain. I don't want to be THAT neighbor that is disturbing the peace but I also love our girls. I feel in a bind. Any suggestions?
I agree with keeping them dark longer. It's surprising that they're making enough noise to disturb anyone. The only time I hear from mine is after they've laid an egg, and then not for very long. Maybe if you gave the neighbor a dozen eggs once in a while, or a pair of shooter's earmuffs.

Your allowed Chickens in an apartment?...I'm so surprised. I'm from Canada..I guess only in America...:idunno..Here the Bylaw would be at a persons door and charges would be laid..

I live in America and I wouldn't think chickens would be allowed in an apartment either.

Agreed.... Even when I lived in Eastern Washington... which is really rural, outside of Spokane, I don't think you would have dreamed of doing that.

Back
Top Bottom