Nigerian Dwarf Wether - YOGI is home...PICS on pg 3

ThreeBoysChicks

Songster
12 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Thurmont, MD
So all this talk about Nigerian Dwarf goats..... I found a lady about 20 minutes from my house who has this little wether for sale. The picture is of him at 1 week old. He is now 3 months old (going to see him on Sunday). What do you think?

MissPrissy and Helmstead - Since I am not allowed to drive to Georgia to get a baby, I have been searching and found this little guy.

100_0120.jpg

100_0118.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I get it. I am a little slow. My wife will make sure that I stop. Like i said, I have two already. Then Kate (helmstead) keeps posting those adorable babies of hers and I was threatening to drive to Georgia to get one from her. My wife is caving on this one. So I will have to stop at 3.............. for now. I thought about getting a doe, but around here they are $300 and up and if I had a doe, then I would want to have babies and then keep all of the babies, and then my goat population would get way out of hand.

Another question, the lady said that he can be registered if I want. But is there really any reason to register a wether? He can not do any breeding.

Hes adorable We have two nigerian dwarf wethers that could have been registered but why bother. Three hundred for a doe I wish i was up your way. We are downsizing our herd and are having trouble getting 75.00.And they are pure bred pygmies.

I was talking with one farm and their Pet Quality Doe's are $300. All others start at $400 and if bred, add another $75 to $100. They have bucks that range from $400 - $1000.

I just want a little one to have running around.

He is adorable! I have 5 nigis, 3 does and 2 wethers. And your right about does being expensive. I paid about 400 a piece for mine 3 years ago. I didn't register my wethers either.

I am paying $450 for the pair of bred mini-mancha does I am getting. I wonder about registering as well. Mine will be registered when we get them, but I wonder about their kids that we are going to try and sell. Don't know if I need to think about registering them or not.

Back
Top Bottom