North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Yay!! The ones in my bator are due the 23rd. I am hatching a large amount for a friend. All kinds, chicken,quail,peafowl. Should be fun. Too bad i am going to be gone for it! Lol The kids (adult ones) will just have to have the fun for me..

And fun it is. This is my first time hatching. Well, my broody did most of the work, don't think I could sit still that long. One is out and dry. Waiting on the others......

Does anyone in cda have any fertile hatching eggs for sale? Doesnt matter if they are mixed breeds. My dads buff orpington is broody for a couple days now. So he would like to put some eggs under her. Maybe like 6-8 eggs.
Dont think he wants to spend too much.
Waiting to hear back from a farm up the road to see if she will sell us any.
But in case she doesnt have any available figured i would check here.
I could come to cda for them. We are about 45 min east of cda.
Anyway let me know if anyone has anything and how much! Thanks :)
Also does anyone sell duck eggs for eating? We would like to try some. Have had them before but its been a while.
I have both. chicken eggs you can have and duck eggs are $6 a doz. I am in Tensed

Does anyone in cda have any fertile hatching eggs for sale? Doesnt matter if they are mixed breeds. My dads buff orpington is broody for a couple days now. So he would like to put some eggs under her. Maybe like 6-8 eggs.
Dont think he wants to spend too much.
Waiting to hear back from a farm up the road to see if she will sell us any.
But in case she doesnt have any available figured i would check here.
I could come to cda for them. We are about 45 min east of cda.
Anyway let me know if anyone has anything and how much! Thanks
smile.png

Also does anyone sell duck eggs for eating? We would like to try some. Have had them before but its been a while.
You should have fertile eggs by now.

You should have fertile eggs by now.

Oh really?! I just put him in their yesterday. I kept him seperate till yesterday morning. So far i havent seen him attempt anything with the girls. I thought it may take a while. I will check some eggs later today or tomorow .only 2 laid yesterday i thought maybe they are a little stressed with me putting a rooster with them.

Not bird related, but i did pick up two hogs this weekend. Theyre a bit skittish, which is normal, but chicken eggs make them warm up fast :D

Haha we raised two pigs this past winter. They also loved eggs! But they loved milk and bread even more!! My dad delivers bread and is friends with the darigold man. So we had a never ending supply of milk and bread. They were fat happy piglets!

Last edited:
Haha we raised two pigs this past winter. They also loved eggs! But they loved milk and bread even more!! My dad delivers bread and is friends with the darigold man. So we had a never ending supply of milk and bread. They were fat happy piglets!

The bigger one there is drinking milk, actually. They get milk, eggs, greens, veggies, fruits, etc daily, along with a grain ration and unlimited hay, plus whatever they dig up. We should be getting the fencing putting up soon for their big pasture, which will mean they eat almost exclusively what they find, plus scraps.

The bigger one there is drinking milk, actually. They get milk, eggs, greens, veggies, fruits, etc daily, along with a grain ration and unlimited hay, plus whatever they dig up. We should be getting the fencing putting up soon for their big pasture, which will mean they eat almost exclusively what they find, plus scraps.

They will be happy! One of ours was a runt i actually bottle fed. So they were soooo tame! Too tame lol, would knock us over if we werent careful.but We had them butchered in january. Messy messy messy, but it was worth it.

Back
Top Bottom