NOT POSSIBLE. Can't be real! Is this a bullseye?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by aubreynoramarie, Aug 8, 2011.

1. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Sure I have a roo. Petey! The most sorryest rooster ever ( well except when he is valiently battling raccoons!). Anyway my girls won't let him even begin to think about going any further than his pathetic excuse for a wing dance. (seizure? Muscle spasm?) even if they did accept him, (THEY WOULDN'T DARE!) I don't see how he could mount them. Theyre so fat an he's so tiny and.. Umm.. Dainty.

Okay cutting to the chase, is this a bullseye? The color does not exactly ring true on my camera phone. There is a second very faint pale ring around the dark spot. I have not ever once looked for bullseyes, but this was noticable enough that when I cracked another egg into the pan it immediately caught my eye. What do you experts say? Please don't say it's possible that there may e little peteys running around someday. I don't think my achy break-y heart would understand [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I AM PETEY, HEAR ME ROAR!

[​IMG]

2. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    those showgirls are sneaky, huh? [​IMG]

3. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    It is indeed a bullseye! [​IMG] Go Petey Go

4. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Really? OH LORD. I know who's egg this was too.

I am going to have a talk with her about being nicer to me or I'll let the whole flock know she had a one night stand with PETEY. she will NEVER be able to live that down!

5. DvanderSlik

DvanderSlik Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    [​IMG] Way to go Petey!

7. crazypetlady

crazypetlady Chillin' With My Peeps

YEAH!!!! you go boy:clap:clap:clap

8. suki'smom

suki'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Central Wisconsin
    Hahaha that's is too funny! I once had a Sultan Bantam Rooster successfully fertilize the eggs of a Mature Black Jersey Giant Hen. If the male is determined enough, someday someone will say yes lol (he may have slipped something in her feed though [​IMG] )

9. spikennipper

spikennipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Kent, UK.
    The eggs don't look fertile to me, the edges aren't defined enough and the white disc should be a perfect circle with a dot in the middle and a lighter perfect circle around it, it should also be larger than your pics show, If you have never seen Petey successfully mount a hen either then chances are slim, you say they don't let him near them?! is he with them 24/7? how old is he and how long has he been with them? only other thing is to incubate the eggs for a few days to check fertility.

10. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I also think it's not fertile, I can't see the definition in the circle that would tell me beyond a shadow of dought, it just seems a little very iffy, sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by