Nurture Right 360 Incubator Okay?

Pics
I tried going through every post here but I guess I missed something. It's my first run with the Nurture Right 360. It's day 20 with bantam eggs which normally hatch early. No sign of anything going on. At lockdown only 2 out of 17 eggs were bad, the 15 had veins, and movement. I'm struggling badly with the humidity, I can't keep it even at 60%, most of the time it's in the 50's. Yes both channels are full, the vent is open halfway, I even wrapped it in a towel. I used a turkey baster to get the cool water out and filled it using hot water, which got it to 70% for about 10 minutes. I've been hatching for several years, my gut tells me they are all going to die in their shells. With my Hova Bator I use a bowl and sponge which I can refill through the vent but can't in this one without removing the lid. I would like to know what you all think the chances are of these chicks hatching under the circumstances. I regret buying this, should have bought another Hova Bator. Thanks and sorry this is a duplicate question that I missed.

I tried going through every post here but I guess I missed something. It's my first run with the Nurture Right 360. It's day 20 with bantam eggs which normally hatch early. No sign of anything going on. At lockdown only 2 out of 17 eggs were bad, the 15 had veins, and movement. I'm struggling badly with the humidity, I can't keep it even at 60%, most of the time it's in the 50's. Yes both channels are full, the vent is open halfway, I even wrapped it in a towel. I used a turkey baster to get the cool water out and filled it using hot water, which got it to 70% for about 10 minutes. I've been hatching for several years, my gut tells me they are all going to die in their shells. With my Hova Bator I use a bowl and sponge which I can refill through the vent but can't in this one without removing the lid. I would like to know what you all think the chances are of these chicks hatching under the circumstances. I regret buying this, should have bought another Hova Bator. Thanks and sorry this is a duplicate question that I missed.
Close the vent more. I had the same problem. Instead of opening halfway per instructions, I had to keep it 1/3 open. It kept the humidity right where I wanted it.

Not sure if I missed a similar comment but, I wanted to find out what others using the NR360 did when the hatched chicks started playing soccer with the other eggs w/ their siblings were still inside. I really like this incubator for smaller clutches as I can keep it in the house without it getting in the way. But because of its small footprint and clear sides I am now being forced to watch the hockey match between the fluffy’s and dizzy’s. Hard checks up against the glass by the fluffy’s and I don’t think the dizzy’s are going to be able to come back in this one folks. But seriously what have you all done when this happened with yours? Also, how do I order the fan cover and board seal? Cheers

Not sure if I missed a similar comment but, I wanted to find out what others using the NR360 did when the hatched chicks started playing soccer with the other eggs w/ their siblings were still inside. I really like this incubator for smaller clutches as I can keep it in the house without it getting in the way. But because of its small footprint and clear sides I am now being forced to watch the hockey match between the fluffy’s and dizzy’s. Hard checks up against the glass by the fluffy’s and I don’t think the dizzy’s are going to be able to come back in this one folks. But seriously what have you all done when this happened with yours? Also, how do I order the fan cover and board seal? Cheers
Since the incubator has that rack in for turning and it stops three days before hatch, I just left it in. It kept the eggs from being tossed around by the hatching chicks and I took the chicks out once they dried some. Worked out good.

If the wells are full, I really think you should be fine, no matter what the number on top is showing.
I always have my vent wide open.

I take the turner out and add a piece of rubber shelf liner. (The kind with wider grid seems better than the tighter weave). The eggs roll a little less.
I’ve been known to flip eggs back over though, using hatched shells as wedges to block them from rolling. :p

Email the company thru their website for the fan cover

Something else I discovered that might be helpful to some folks here. I found it related to another incubator, but works great for this one. Take a piece of wide packing tape (maybe 5” long), fold part of it back onto itself, tape the sticky end inside the lid, leaving the folded end hanging out for handles to aid in lifting the lid!

I’ve been known to flip eggs back over though, using hatched shells as wedges to block them from rolling.
That's a great idea!

Something else I discovered that might be helpful to some folks here. I found it related to another incubator, but works great for this one. Take a piece of wide packing tape (maybe 5” long), fold part of it back onto itself, tape the sticky end inside the lid, leaving the folded end hanging out for handles to aid in lifting the lid!
That sounds familiar ;) Would think it might not work as good on a round one tho?

That's a great idea!

That sounds familiar ;) Would think it might not work as good on a round one tho?

It was your brilliant idea! You did it for the incuview though, right?? The 360 isn’t actually round. It’s a rounded square. Lol. It works great, I was so happy to find that article tip.

I did the tabs on 3 sides.
89782D55-4375-4A19-9162-36B117C7E317.jpeg

It was your brilliant idea! You did it for the incuview though, right?? The 360 isn’t actually round. It’s a rounded square. Lol. It works great, I was so happy to find that article tip.
Ahhh.... Glad it worked, not sure what they are thinking not having a way to open bators with one hand...Geesh, SMH.
Yes, mine is an Incuview.

Back
Top Bottom