NY chicken lover!!!!

put a x on the ones she is setting on ...so you know if there are new ones ..you can remove them .
Actually the other girls have decided to lay their eggs on the floor outside the box the fools not sure what is so special about this box that they can only use this one but my ameraucanas do the same thing they have 4 nesting boxes for the 5 females and they all use the same box will sit and wait their turn.

Actually the other girls have decided to lay their eggs on the floor outside the box the fools not sure what is so special about this box that they can only use this one but my ameraucanas do the same thing they have 4 nesting boxes for the 5 females and they all use the same box will sit and wait their turn.

Omg I have the same issues, I've seen a hen in the box and an egg on the floor lol. Seven layers all use the same box, I rarely find eggs in the other boxes. In addition I have some more boxes on the other side of the coop never touched, I'm hoping my up and coming layers will use those boxes.

Stony Stop Making US Hungry ...We are all going to show up at your house ...

Agreed!

Well off to work.

Pyxis, am thinking of your complicated situation, and wonder if a camera mounted to cover the coops etc would be a good investment. The police may choose to ignore laxness in dog restraint, but trespass, theft, criminal mischief, animal cruelty...etc they could not ignore.

Gramma, Coda is a neutered male, and has gone home to my son, Bella is a neutered female who is not likely to play with coyotes. She would sometimes refuse to continue on a trail in the woods, and urgently require me to follow her home. I trust her in these situations. Am making the call to a friend who hae offered to help me obtain and learn to safely maintain and use a gulp, gun. Today.
Good for you! Many places have Rod and gun clubs and places to target practice. Being proactive is the best thing you can do.

Um amazing I'm buying a freezer soon and I can't wait to fill it with my poultry and to be able to cook like that is awesome. I've been learning how to make smokers I need to just do it and get on with it. Rock on!
thanks. I do my smoking as of now on a regular charcoal grill. But normally I build a wood fire. I just can't see the point in buying charcoal when I have dry wood everywhere.

I am a member of the following site. Not even sure if I have ever posted.Very Interesting stuff.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/

The neighbor's @#$% dog came back after I already talked to him once. Killed three birds and injured my goose. I warned him last time if that dog came back and hurt the goose the gloves were off. That goose is my baby. Her wing is hurt, so she's going to the vet and he's paying for it. This time I'm also making him pay for the birds the dog killed too. I was very nice the first time. This time not so much. I even made sure to get pictures of his dog with the dead birds so if I have to take this further, I can. I've been nice enough and this is ridiculous. Metella, if you're reading this, one of the birds killed was the blue marans I had for you.
Sorry to hear about your loss. No one should ever put up with that. I've told all of my neighbors that if any predator comes into my yard and kills or injures one of my animals that predator will be dead before it leaves my yard. If you have a dog that you know likes to kill small animals then it's your job to keep it on your property. Thank God it wasn't a small child or infant in your yard. Being a good neighbor doesn't mean you have to loose animals because of their neglect. That dog would be on the end of my pitchfork and that's how that neighbor would get him back. I love dogs and hate it when they are neglected but if I'm forced to choose between someone else's dog or one of my animals the dog will loose. Sorry for the rant. I go into protective mode when I hear stories like yours.

Sorry to hear about your loss. No one should ever put up with that. I've told all of my neighbors that if any predator comes into my yard and kills or injures one of my animals that predator will be dead before it leaves my yard. If you have a dog that you know likes to kill small animals then it's your job to keep it on your property. Thank God it wasn't a small child or infant in your yard. Being a good neighbor doesn't mean you have to loose animals because of their neglect. That dog would be on the end of my pitchfork and that's how that neighbor would get him back. I love dogs and hate it when they are neglected but if I'm forced to choose between someone else's dog or one of my animals the dog will loose. Sorry for the rant. I go into protective mode when I hear stories like yours.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
goodpost.gif

thanks. I do my smoking as of now on a regular charcoal grill. But normally I build a wood fire. I just can't see the point in buying charcoal when I have dry wood everywhere. I am a member of the following site. Not even sure if I have ever posted.Very Interesting stuff. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/
Thanks for the website. I second that! My neighbor has a dog that kills small animals and makes sure it NEVER gets in my yard, he even makes sure her barking doesn't bother the chickens. Good neighbors don't cause problems.

Back
Top Bottom