Observations on Mottling and its many allelic mutations

Yup. Only chick hatched like this. Mottled Japanese parents. Dad hatched from a line that only throws mo^j/mo^j mom was phenotypically mo^j/mo^j. Other female that I got with her is genetically proven to be mo^j/mo. But that female was broody and none of her eggs were hatched this brood.
If this is the Only chick you will ever hatch, it could be due excess melanoblast migration during embryo development and not related to any genetic mutation

@nicalandia mystery solved. I guess somehow a frizzle egg did get in the mix. This chick's mother is the mo+/mo^j mutation. Father is mo^j/mo^j

Resized_20190923_180906_wm.jpg

@nicalandia mystery solved. I guess somehow a frizzle egg did get in the mix.
Are your Frizzle regular Mottled mo/mo?

We have yet to confirm the dominance/co-dominance hierarchy of the mottling mutations, so far mo^w(white mottling) has been found to be dominant in chick down to m^j but co-dominant in adult feathering,

if your Frizzles are mo/mo and when mated to m^j/m^j and produced a chick with that down pattern then it means that mo(regular mottling or at least the European type) is dominant over mo^j.

This chick's mother is the mo+/mo^j mutation. Father is mo^j/mo^j
Can you confirm that the mother is mo/mo^j or Mo+/mo^j?

Are your Frizzle regular Mottled mo/mo?

We have yet to confirm the dominance/co-dominance hierarchy of the mottling mutations, so far mo^w(white mottling) has been found to be dominant in chick down to m^j but co-dominant in adult feathering,

if your Frizzles are mo/mo and when mated to m^j/m^j and produced a chick with that down pattern then it means that mo(regular mottling or at least the European type) is dominant over mo^j.

Can you confirm that the mother is mo/mo^j or Mo+/mo^j?
I only have the one frizzle hen. I can confirm that she is Mo+/mo^j from the breeding I have done with her. Her mate is mo^j/mo^j and when mated to her he threw mostly mo^j pattern chicks, but since I did get this chick, and I know what the hen looked like as a chick, then I can infer that she is likely Mo+/mo^j.

I only have the one frizzle hen. I can confirm that she is Mo+/mo^j from the breeding I have done with her. Her mate is mo^j/mo^j and when mated to her he threw mostly mo^j pattern chicks, but since I did get this chick, and I know what the hen looked like as a chick, then I can infer that she is likely Mo+/mo^j.
So we are back at square one. the chick is mo^j/mo^j and yet looks like mo/mo

Back
Top Bottom