Office Work.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
That's the beauty of it, we are like frogs that go down deep in the mud when the vernal pool dries up, then when rain (i.e. one of us) comes back, we emerge, although slightly dopier than before due to mud-inhalation.

mud-inhalation.
That's not what I remember inhaling, but that was so long ago I could be wrong. Or maybe we licked our own froggy backs. Or is that toads? I can honestly say there are some things I never have, and never will, experiment in....

Quote:
Or just be like my sister and DH's daughter - give me handmade beaded bracelets and then read e-mails from me about how my fat wrists broke the things and do they want all thousand beads back to try again.

When someone throws away a bracelt that breaks, I cry. All those wasted beads.
Don't they measure first? haven't they heard of the way-cool clear elastic string?

Quote:
Don't act so innocent, Miss Chicken Math Enabler!

Not innocent. No ma'am (haha, I called you ma'am).
But I know I will never kiss a frog or lick a toad. No matter what someone promises me.

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
I always thought it was cute that people blinged their stemware.
I don't have any that match, so it's easy to tell them all apart...

Quote:
Oh Lord, for one of those moods. So rare but so wonderful. My last one was.... 1990?

I'm on that really-should-be-doing-some-actual-work high of almost being busted on more than one post.

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Yes well, when DH's employer hosts a banquet and gives away all the "Dahlgren" engraved wineglasses its becomes difficult to tell them all apart. You can't just say "Mine is the one that says 'Dahlgren' on it" when there are 400 more...

Quote:
That's the beauty of it, we are like frogs that go down deep in the mud when the vernal pool dries up, then when rain (i.e. one of us) comes back, we emerge, although slightly dopier than before due to mud-inhalation.

What's in that mud?

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Yes well, when DH's employer hosts a banquet and gives away all the "Dahlgren" engraved wineglasses its becomes difficult to tell them all apart. You can't just say "Mine is the one that says 'Dahlgren' on it" when there are 400 more...

That's your problem. Most of the parties I go to, it's acceptable to bring your own plastic cup with your name written on it in Sharpie.

I write a big loopy L on mine, and wait for someone to make a LaVerne & Shirley reference....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom