Office Work.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I've been spending the last few days organizing children's clothing in the attic, so I'm catching up to y'all.

That'd be fun, Dac! I live about 45 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway. I took Michelle on the section between Rt 221 and Rt 501. When do you think you'll be passing through? Sunday is Halloween and I have unbreakable Trick or Treating plans with some children I live with.

It's hard to say. We are pretty flexible right now, the only pressing thing is to get home in time to vote so that means we have to get home Monday or Tuesday before the polls close. I'm looking at leaving Alexandria Sunday morning, maybe heading for Harpers Ferry then heading south towards Shenandoah National Park, take the Parkway towards Roanoke, probably grab the interstate at Lexington and head west on 64.

We might be camping out or hitting a motel Sunday evening so Monday would probably be the best time to try to get together.

Monday afternoon work? I made plans Monday morning with a friend, I pick up Ella at preschool at noon and I have to be back to my house by 4pm to get my older kids off the bus. I can meet you out that way - Bedford area, maybe?

Quote:
I would probably count my lucky stars. At least she won't be sexting anyone. (Yeah, I'm one of those weird silver lining people.)

That was never a worry of mine.

My problem is that she loves band and its been really good for her this year. But she's going to work herself into a cowardly tizzy over this and let it ruin her enjoyment in music. She's a very strong-willed child and can achieve anything when she sets her mind to it. She said, "I'll see the cameras and freeze!" and now she will because she's so focused on that. And I'm an idiot for telling her to focus on the music and pretend the rest of it isn't there.

How would she react if you told her freezing would really make her stand out where if she just acted natural and ignored the cameras that it wouldn't bring undue notice to herself?

Quote:
Hmmm. I don't know what I'd do in that case.
sad.png
Sorry.

Yeah, I'm stumped over it too.

Sad part is she can't see her counselor until Monday: After the big competition that has her so upset. She's making herself sick over it.
But, at least we can work on it before the Christmas parade that she has to march in that will also be filmed....

But, I'm making myself sick over it too because I know no matter what I say it will never be right. And this weekend's competition is a really big deal.
<sigh>

hugs.gif
I know how much seeing her unhappy hurts you and how much you worry. Even if you don't have all the answers for her, she knows you're there and you're on her side, even if she does think your advice is stupid.

Quote:
Look what the cat dragged in! How are you Debi?
hugs.gif

I am good! Boss is gone today, so I can be here a bit. Found a rooster last night that no one in the neighborhood will claim.
hmm.png

Quote:
Look what the cat dragged in! How are you Debi?
hugs.gif

I am good! Boss is gone today, so I can be here a bit. Found a rooster last night that no one in the neighborhood will claim.
hmm.png

Chicken for dinner?
wink.png

Sara's eviction date is fast approaching. Any new developments?

Quote:
hmm.png

Chicken for dinner?
wink.png

Oh of course!!!! Her mother has once again dropped Robert off with us, been almost 2 weeks now and no word from her at all. She was high as a kite when she left him too. We cannot ask her to move out now because there is no one else to care for the child. This time though, Ken told the mother that we are not giving him back until she goes through REAL rehab. Now all we need to do is get her to sign something.

Quote:
Chicken for dinner?
wink.png

Oh of course!!!! Her mother has once again dropped Robert off with us, been almost 2 weeks now and no word from her at all. She was high as a kite when she left him too. We cannot ask her to move out now because there is no one else to care for the child. This time though, Ken told the mother that we are not giving him back until she goes through REAL rehab. Now all we need to do is get her to sign something.

When it rains, it pours. She's saved by an adorable toddler.

Quote:

When it rains, it pours. She's saved by an adorable toddler.

It sure looks that way. Poor Robert though. That kid has never even been to a doctor! Never had any immunizations.

Quote:
Might work but I won't know until Sunday or Monday. Sorry I can't do better but that is the nature of this trip. We're trying not to rush or feel rushed.

I'll send you my cell phone number and maybe you can send me your number so we can coordinate when the time comes.

Quote:
You're invited.

If (maybe I should say when) I make it to Mass. I'll be dropping by.

You BETTER! In the meantime I'll be combing the shoreline to collect dead creatures to show off to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom