Good afternoon everyone,

Yesterday, we set ourselves the goal to, by the end of the week, get our barrows moved out of the mud pit that was their pen into a new pen on a slope so water drains away into the drainage ditch behind our house. We wanted to do this ASAP because it is getting cold at night and their ENTIRE pen (even their night box) was muddy. So we started working around 10am and I wanted to work until I had to start work at noon. With 3 adults on the job, we got done a LOT quicker than I would have thought, AND we got the pigs moved into their new quarters and I was inside the house with hands washed at 11:59. WIN! They are loving the grass (while they have it). My FIL will be putting the white tarp up over one end to provide shelter until we can get their IBC tote night box dug out and cleaned up. Their old pen was 10' x 10'. This one is 32' x 12-14' with the end panels bowed out so we didn't have to cut the hog panels AND we gave the pigs a little extra room.

View attachment 2342808View attachment 2342809View attachment 2342810
Good afternoon Rae :frow the piggies are going to love all the room they have :)

Good afternoon Rae :frow the piggies are going to love all the room they have :)
They do! Happy piggies!

IMG_0853.JPG
IMG_0855.JPG

Another benefit we didn't think of before we moved them, we have a frost-proof pump within 20ft of the pen. Thankfully uphill a bit where the well is.

Henny im a bit of a tea snob if you haven't noticed.
Yorkshire red was best U.K version still is.
Runners up are all tasty and full bodied.
1.PG Tips
2. Ty-phoo
3.Red rose
@Chickassan a while back I had tea at a restaurant around the corner. There is always a sad set of sugar free options. I chose tea. It was warm she warned me. I am good with warm tea. It was the best glass of tea I have ever had. I wish they would share what kind it was. Most tea is weak, bitter and like a bad glass of colored water. I did look up the Yorkshire tea and reviews do say something changed....and not for the better.
My search continues too. I want a nice robust tea that doesn't need additional stuff to make it drinkable.

:woot On the piggy move Rae! That amount of space will make them much happier.

1.PG Tips
2. Ty-phoo
3.Red rose
I’ve never heard of this brand you’re talking about, but I do like your choices. What about Tetley’s? It’s pretty good. I’ve been getting loose leaf tea that way I get whatever strength I feel like ;)

Good afternoon everyone,

Yesterday, we set ourselves the goal to, by the end of the week, get our barrows moved out of the mud pit that was their pen into a new pen on a slope so water drains away into the drainage ditch behind our house. We wanted to do this ASAP because it is getting cold at night and their ENTIRE pen (even their night box) was muddy. So we started working around 10am and I wanted to work until I had to start work at noon. With 3 adults on the job, we got done a LOT quicker than I would have thought, AND we got the pigs moved into their new quarters and I was inside the house with hands washed at 11:59. WIN! They are loving the grass (while they have it). My FIL will be putting the white tarp up over one end to provide shelter until we can get their IBC tote night box dug out and cleaned up. Their old pen was 10' x 10'. This one is 32' x 12-14' with the end panels bowed out so we didn't have to cut the hog panels AND we gave the pigs a little extra room.

View attachment 2342808View attachment 2342809View attachment 2342810
Wow, great job!

Two of the brands Yorkshire and PG tips are honest English tea, they're what you'd be served in the U.K real honest to God tea and if you've never tried it you'll die over the amount of flavor U.S tea is stripped of.
Red rose I think is out of Canada and is an outstanding red breakfast tea, it has a bit more of a malty flavor so it carries over into iced tea crazy well.
Tetley is bordercentric like Yorkshire has become, it is good tea but U.K markets get a beefier blend than we do.
Kudos on doing the loose leaf option, if you aren't' a sufferer of the "too much touch" like me loose is great.
I end up stuffing that tea ball way past the point of ridiculousness and it ends in disaster.
I do say f'it and use it for my Gypsy coconut chai, it has whole cloves so that ball just has to suck it up and try not to die.:)
I’ve never heard of this brand you’re talking about, but I do like your choices. What about Tetley’s? It’s pretty good. I’ve been getting loose leaf tea that way I get whatever strength I feel like ;)

1.PG Tips
2. Ty-phoo
3.Red rose

Thanks! I added the red rose to my amazon order. Worst that can happen is I don't like it.

Back
Top Bottom