Hello everyone. Just dropping by to show you all something of beauty.
View attachment 2351226
You all are the only ones that I know of that will appreciate this lol.

Beautiful!! The quail eggs remind me of malted milk balls I used to get at Easter.

Good morning everyone. :frow

Hello everyone,

I've been checking in the last couple of days but haven't posted.

DH failed his CDL exam on Saturday. The tester threw him off balance by having him do the pre-trip inspection by location on the vehicle, rather than going down the checklist as he was taught. :barnie My dad passed, but had a couple of close shaves. DH is going to try again to get his CDL next week and that is another $50 out of our pockets.

Today, DH had an interview for basically a baby sitter position at the local college. They have a dorm with Covid positive students in it and it would be his job to stay awake and make sure no one comes out the door. They needed someone for the second shift slot, so that is perfect for us. They currently have 5 permanent security officer slots and are trying to lobby with the administration to get 2 more slots, but think they might get one. Unless a police officer retiree applies for the position (which according to the interviewer, is rarer than hen's teeth), DH has an excellent shot at getting the position. This is a job that he is much more comfortable with, and would prefer over the liability of being a school bus driver. Also, if he did get his CDL, he would be able to take jobs driving the sports teams to games for $150 a day plus expenses paid.

We are thinking the security job would be better for us as a family.

Hello everyone,

DH failed his CDL exam on Saturday. The tester threw him off balance by having him do the pre-trip inspection by location on the vehicle, rather than going down the checklist as he was taught. :barnie My dad passed, but had a couple of close shaves. DH is going to try again to get his CDL next week and that is another $50 out of our pockets.

Today, DH had an interview for basically a baby sitter position at the local college. They have a dorm with Covid positive students in it and it would be his job to stay awake and make sure no one comes out the door. They needed someone for the second shift slot, so that is perfect for us. They currently have 5 permanent security officer slots and are trying to lobby with the administration to get 2 more slots, but think they might get one. Unless a police officer retiree applies for the position (which according to the interviewer, is rarer than hen's teeth), DH has an excellent shot at getting the position. This is a job that he is much more comfortable with, and would prefer over the liability of being a school bus driver. Also, if he did get his CDL, he would be able to take jobs driving the sports teams to games for $150 a day plus expenses paid.

:frow Good afternoon Rae, have a great day. This sounds wonderful for all of you. Best of luck for him.

Hello everyone,

Good afternoon Rae 😊 I'm sure it will all work out for you guys 🙂

@Redhead Rae crossing my fingers and toes that you DH gets that guard position!

@Fishychix here are the tank pictures I promised ☺

Our setup is pretty basic (aside from the high end light). We have an aqueon filter and pump that handles both mechanical filtration and a wee bit of chemical filtration, also a pretty standard heater, and and inexpensive power head for flow.

1F900CAA-0E38-423E-A375-AD0FF332E55A.jpeg

From my friend, we got a pair of maroon clownfish, a yellow watchman goby, 2 nassarius snails, a fighting conch, and all of the live rock. We have since added a blue legged hermit crab, a candy stripe pistol shrimp, and our first two corals.

Shrimp
BFC4B14E-4B9F-4C43-8624-1D94F345FF31.jpeg

All the shells and rock Trigger the shrimp has piled near his burrow.
057A2C93-048E-4C2F-A9F3-A188CF4984C6.jpeg

Blurry fish
0BB91529-D9D3-4AB6-A95A-B166B720F433.jpeg

Crab
82937F68-92BE-4933-A7DA-473577E0AD0E.jpeg

Conchita
01CCE3AC-E3A2-4C64-B79E-5FD4A3629297.jpeg

New corals!
9C7EC5EC-1B35-453B-8BD8-13F09C564428.jpeg

1C2AC012-7AE7-4BC6-AA01-F3DFD3B67834.jpeg

Feeding time! Only the clowns swim up for food. Everyone else waits for it to settle on the bottom.

7EA8C9E9-C341-4E59-946E-E778C4211DCA.jpeg

@Redhead Rae crossing my fingers and toes that you DH gets that guard position!

@Fishychix here are the tank pictures I promised ☺

Our setup is pretty basic (aside from the high end light). We have an aqueon filter and pump that handles both mechanical filtration and a wee bit of chemical filtration, also a pretty standard heater, and and inexpensive power head for flow.

View attachment 2352149

From my friend, we got a pair of maroon clownfish, a yellow watchman goby, 2 nassarius snails, a fighting conch, and all of the live rock. We have since added a blue legged hermit crab, a candy stripe pistol shrimp, and our first two corals.

Shrimp
View attachment 2352174

All the shells and rock Trigger the shrimp has piled near his burrow.
View attachment 2352152

Blurry fish
View attachment 2352172

Crab
View attachment 2352175

Conchita
View attachment 2352185

New corals!
View attachment 2352150
View attachment 2352151

Feeding time! Only the clowns swim up for food. Everyone else waits for it to settle on the bottom.

View attachment 2352153
Thank you! It looks awesome! I can’t wait until I set up mine. Still working, too slow, on setting up my shrimp tanks at work.

Ooooh what kind of shrimp?
Neocardinia’s. I haven’t decided on the color yet. I might be brave and try Cardinia’s or Taiwan Bee’s instead. Maybe ;) They’re more expensive though.
The pic is of my old tank with my Red Rili’s and a couple of adorable Panda Loaches.

Attachments

• 74E322E6-2ACE-411D-93AA-EBF10CBA1A32.jpeg
    74E322E6-2ACE-411D-93AA-EBF10CBA1A32.jpeg
    558.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom