Molpet

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Sep 7, 2015
New Lenox township. Illinois USA
My Coop
Good morning everyone.

Thing 2 was a pickle last night. I had to work late (until 10ish) and I wasn't able to get him to sleep until 11pm. He slept until Thing 1 came into our room at 5 saying it was time to get up (NOPITY, NOPITY, NO!!!!) and completely woke him up and was a pickle to put back to sleep. We all ended up sleeping in until 7:45am after that. So, that sorta makes up for it.
Little stinker

CapricornFarm

Chicken addict
Premium Feather Member
Feb 1, 2010
Southern Virginia
That feeling when you train your puppy in heat to stand against a wall and let you pin her by leaning against her so you can put the diaper on without getting chewed on. Considering she's a 16-month old, nearly 70 lb Anatolian Shepherd, that's pretty good.
View attachment 2379871
This is Peach with LT, who is roughly the same weight.

Also had to go to the pet store Sunday with our parakeet Kiwi. His buddy Blue passed away during the night.
View attachment 2379872
This is Blue with Kiwi behind him. Blue was trans, in this pic he had let his cere turn brown, but he eventually decided to let it turn, and stay blue. He will be missed. The story behind these two is that when Blue's original buddy passed, we took him to see if he wanted to choose a friend. He chose Kiwi, and Kiwi chose him. Since we let Blue and Kiwi pick each other, it made sense to let Kiwi choose if he wanted a friend, and who it would be. After about 20 mins he had made his choice. Actually, he chose sooner, it just took us that long to make sure we had the right one. Anyhow, meet Tropicana
View attachment 2379878
We're not sure of gender, but it doesn't matter. For now, the pronouns are he and him. He's the darker one in the back, and only a few months old, so the cere hasn't changed color yet. Kiwi has been very attentive and content. He used to take care of Blue because Blue had lung issues, possibly congestive heart failure. It finally got the better of Blue, and Kiwi needs a friend of his choosing. Kiwi is a nurturer, so a young friend is perfect.

Y'all have the best day possible and stay safe.
How sweet !

Chickassan

Wattle Fondler
May 23, 2017
Greenville S.C, formerly Noneya U.S.A
This bunch are just really good babies.
The chillness is unintended side effect from brooding in my room instead of the den.
Hubs negative attitude hangs around like a stale fart in there..
I went broody found a nice spot, nobody funks up my babies.
Seems like it was the correct choice.:)
I love that your sweet birds are so comfortable with you. 💕

21hens-incharge

Nuttier than a squirrels stash
Premium Feather Member
Mar 9, 2014
Northern Colorado
This bunch are just really good babies.
The chillness is unintended side effect from brooding in my room instead of the den.
Hubs negative attitude hangs around like a stale fart in there..
I went broody found a nice spot, nobody funks up my babies.
Seems like it was the correct choice.:)
Well whatever you did it certainly worked! They are super chill little babies.

I am just happy when mine stop running away shrieking something about an axe murder.....I don't even own an axe. :confused:

Last edited:

Chickassan

Wattle Fondler
May 23, 2017
Greenville S.C, formerly Noneya U.S.A
Single mom in a grump free area is the future game plan.
I cant deny such a seemingly small change kicking that much ass. :lau
Well whatever you did it certainly worked! You hey are super chill little babies.

I am just happy when mine stop running away shrieking something about an axe murder.....I don't even own an axe. :confused:

Top Bottom