We are starting with sunshine!!! :wee

Looking in on the plants in the greenhouse shows everything looking really good! My carrot seeds are sprouting in their pots and a few strawberries are blooming.

I will move everything out today for a good watering and some nice sunshine. Well and so I can straighten it up in there. It is a bit crazy.

Good morning 'Watchers! :cool:
It was 80 yesterday, taking off the tarps and roofing metal to get more air in the chicken's house. We go from freezin' to fryin' here in 1 week. I have been planting lettuce and carrots out in the garden, it's heresy to plant here before mother's day, but it was 80! The weeds are growing like mad, of course.

It was 80 yesterday, taking off the tarps and roofing metal to get more air in the chicken's house. We go from freezin' to fryin' here in 1 week. I have been planting lettuce and carrots out in the garden, it's heresy to plant here before mother's day, but it was 80! The weeds are growing like mad, of course.

Yup that mother's day timing is here too.
I simply have not been freed up to get anything planted or I would have a bunch of things in the ground as well.

good morning everyone
:frow Good afternoon Cheepteach, have a great day
:frow Good afternoon Parront, have a great day

:frow Good afternoon Cheepteach, have a great day

:frow Good afternoon Parront, have a great day
Have a good day! Thinking of hatching some of the Barred Holland eggs here, too. My friend who has 2 of the males, and 6 hens is saving me some of her eggs. We are going to compare my cockerel and hers, and maybe she is taking my guy to her flock. Here he is out on the grass yesterday. I will be hatching some of his girl's eggs, but I was waiting for them to be larger.
Problem is we are having trouble with our neighbor across the street, he plays his music so loud that we had to call in a complaint this weekend. It is only a matter of time before he calls in a retaliatory complaint on our Randy Rooster.

Attachments

• IMG_6115.JPG
    IMG_6115.JPG
    640.4 KB · Views: 3
I moved the plants out of the greenhouse while dodging paper wasps. Nothing needed watering. In fact they need to dry out some.

Just as I got to pulling my pile of pots out searching for a paper wasp nest it started raining. I had to shove it all back in and get the dogs in before they got super muddy.

I will definitely be watching for a wasp nest going forward. Last year they made a gigantic one in there before I really got to seeking it out.

Back
Top Bottom