Finally! I finally got all caught up with this thread. It's the beginning of the busy season for me at work, so I fell miserably behind in the ugly chick thread. By the time I got back to 30+ pages had already gone by. I'm glad I found all of my favorite BYC peeps.
Nice to meet you! I just jumped on in and the water is fine.

I'm also glad Smuvers had more babies for me to look at and vicariously pretend they are mine. Sweet babies :love. My chickens are doing fabulous. Alice is still molting & really crabby. Gemma is in charge & makes sure the others follow the rules. Harriet likes the new girl Frances. And Frances likes to hang out in the house & will lay her first egg any day now.

I'm also glad Smuvers had more babies for me to look at and vicariously pretend they are mine. Sweet babies :love. My chickens are doing fabulous. Alice is still molting & really crabby. Gemma is in charge & makes sure the others follow the rules. Harriet likes the new girl Frances. And Frances likes to hang out in the house & will lay her first egg any day now.
What kind are they? I have guineas, Speckled Sussex and Polish chickens.

Right!! Didn't need a project dog but couldn't leave her there :idunno whether she stays here or finds an awesome home she'll at least have some good years! :wee
I can relate. I took in a dog to “foster” (so I told my husband). The dog looked young in the pictures, but then I took her to the vet. Nobody wants a 12 yo dog, with a severe heart murmur, deaf, and half blind.

I can relate. I took in a dog to “foster” (so I told my husband). The dog looked young in the pictures, but then I took her to the vet. Nobody wants a 12 yo dog, with a severe heart murmur, deaf, and half blind.
It is too bad because they may still have many years to live.

Gemma and Harriet are buff Orpingtons. Frances is an Easter egger. Alice is a barred rock. Edwina was my other barred rock who died from a horribly impacted crop. By the time I realized what was happening, it was too late. She had always been a little on the not too healthy side. Still sad & broke my heart.
It is always sad when one passes. You just have to enjoy them as much as you can every day. I like to sit in the run and watch them. Cute critters.

Back
Top Bottom