Is buddy a mini schnauzer?
I grew up with one. He had a seizure disorder too.
He loved my mom. If he had one she make a place for him on the couch with an old waterproof crib mattress pad under him just in case.
Then she's cover him with a baby blanket.
She'd say "Harvey! You're sick. Don't get off the couch!"
He'd stay there all day without so much as a reminder, just because she said so.
Dang. If only kids were that easy.

That is an adorable story.

Buddy is a schnauzer mix.... but that's all we really know about his lineage. We DO know, his past owner was a little old woman (so he was driven very carefully and has low miles... wakkawakka! :gig), and her husband HATED Buddy... with a passion.... when she turned him over, she said there was NO WAY her hubby was ever abusive towards him..... however, Buddy's attitude towards MEN tells a different story.

When he has seizures, I can usually get to a towel beforehand, and wrap him up and hold him and talk to him while it happens. Of course, as soon as it's done, he needs to pace around the house... I think he is just resetting his bearings.... he has to look for all the humans, all the other animals, etc etc..... this behavior is quite irksome at 0430, but I understand it. Afterwards, we snuggle back into bed and go back to sleep for however long we were up (this morning, it was 1.5 hours), and he is perfectly fine the next day and for a couple months afterwards.

Hope you aren't getting sick SassyMouth, that would stink!

UMMMMMMMM, you mean THESE Cappy?!?!?!?

b29b0227c9683cbffe006b3bc4485668.jpg
i-need-wine-but-i-am-running-around-without-a-head.jpg
chicken computer.gif
ZombieChicken.jpg

@Smuvers Farm I happened upon you asking about the metal poop scooper in reviews. I use a $1 colander. LOL I have sand on the floor, cause no poop board, and I use a shovel. Scoop some in and shake around. I even walk as I sift to put the sand where I want it. $1! Way cheaper.
OMG!!!! that is such a good idea! Where have you been all my life. How did I not know this info??? I have a litter scoop and then put the poop in a bucket but for the larger jobs (like when I was too lazy to do it for a couple days) that would be great. I am beyond excited now!:wee:wee:wee:wee

@Smuvers Farm I happened upon you asking about the metal poop scooper in reviews. I use a $1 colander. LOL I have sand on the floor, cause no poop board, and I use a shovel. Scoop some in and shake around. I even walk as I sift to put the sand where I want it. $1! Way cheaper.

OMG have I got a story behind the scoops.

OK SO.... I ended up buying this triangular scoop through Amazon. It's all cool and geometric and taters.... It arrives... and the ENTIRE TIP is broken off! Like, WTH Amazon. I go to return it... Amazon says just throw it out.... we'll send you a new one... get the new one.... doesn't work in our coop unless the poop has built up for a couple days, cause it works more like a spatula than a litter scoop... so it's worthless.... we do better with a regular pancake spatula.... :gig

We got 2 for $1 at DG...... no taters!!!

Back
Top Bottom