Yes my goobers WOULD knock me down...repeatedly.
Kismet the Shepherd got me with a dog tie out ankle maneuver....flat to my back I went.
Jack and Sparky double teamed me halfway down the stairs. They both nailed me in the back of the knees a lot while playing in the yard.
Sable....she is to small to take me out. :lau Not for lack of effort though. :hmm

I think naval dude is likely concerned because Dave did actually knock you down. He probably knows how much that hurts. ;)
No dog can be too small to take you out. It is all about momentum. My mom used to almost get taken out by our Dachshunds in the kitchen (they are sausage shaped pigs). They would get right behind her heels and she would nearly back over them. She started popping them with a dish towel any time they came into the kitchen when she was cooking. She had them so well trained that they would scoot out of the kitchen and wait with their paws on the door seam strip for her to invite them in when she touched the towel. Though every now and then they needed a reminder.

Yeah, I have to admit getting Daved wasn't much fun.
I'm so klutzy though one extra trip didn't phase me.
Having a mountain of dog lick my forehead and no way for me to stop it.....that was gross but im not traumatised I will eventually get over it.:D
Yes my goobers WOULD knock me down...repeatedly.
Kismet the Shepherd got me with a dog tie out ankle maneuver....flat to my back I went.
Jack and Sparky double teamed me halfway down the stairs. They both nailed me in the back of the knees a lot while playing in the yard.
Sable....she is to small to take me out. :lau Not for lack of effort though. :hmm

I think naval dude is likely concerned because Dave did actually knock you down. He probably knows how much that hurts. ;)

No dog can be too small to take you out. It is all about momentum. My mom used to almost get taken out by our Dachshunds in the kitchen (they are sausage shaped pigs). They would get right behind her heels and she would nearly back over them. She started popping them with a dish towel any time they came into the kitchen when she was cooking. She had them so well trained that they would scoot out of the kitchen and wait with their paws on the door seam strip for her to invite them in when she touched the towel. Though every now and then they needed a reminder.

Maybe Sable hasn't gotten me yet because I am more vigilant and "BRACE FOR IMPACT". :gig

The kitchen towel training has worked well here too. ;)

Mornin Rae and DD.

Whew, it is snowy outside! There's at least five inches out there, maybe more. My high school age brother and I already didn't have school because of parent teacher conferences, and my other siblings have a two hour delay. My dad's taking them all skiing. :rolleyes: I mean I love skiing, but I'm a wee bit sick and in all honesty just need some me time. No better time to have said me time then on a beautiful snowy day inside a cozy house(with lots of snacks). Oh, and homework. :tongue

Back
Top Bottom