Tomorrow morning I'll be making french toast for Sue. I'll make a bigger batch so she'll have two or three days worth. She's got one day of pancakes left now.

How is she holding up Bob? Is her mobility still sketchy?

I really really am hoping for a full recovery for her.

How is she holding up Bob? Is her mobility still sketchy?

I really really am hoping for a full recovery for her.
She just had her OT eval at home. And she has graduated, no more OT required. She still needs PT and Speech. We need to rebuild her core strength (PT), but they had me order her a cane yesterday. She's doing daily exercises to work on that core strength. The Dr expects a full recovery. She's come a very long way on the Speech front, but still needs more work. She misses words or pulls up the wrong word from time to time and still has issues with spelling. Her short term memory has greatly improved, but she's still not quite 100% I'd say about 85% for her.

As for overall mobility, she wanders about the house without a problem using her walker for insurance. She goes to the bathroom by herself and gets dressed by herself. She also showers by herself, but I still keep a close eye on her for safety.

She just had her OT eval at home. And she has graduated, no more OT required. She still needs PT and Speech. We need to rebuild her core strength (PT), but they had me order her a cane yesterday. She's doing daily exercises to work on that core strength. The Dr expects a full recovery. She's come a very long way on the Speech front, but still needs more work. She misses words or pulls up the wrong word from time to time and still has issues with spelling. Her short term memory has greatly improved, but she's still not quite 100% I'd say about 85% for her.

As for overall mobility, she wanders about the house without a problem using her walker for insurance. She goes to the bathroom by herself and gets dressed by herself. She also showers by herself, but I still keep a close eye on her for safety.

She is making GREAT progress!!

Doctors have told me to work on my core strength, too! Guess I had better get on it, 'cause these bags of chicken food seem to be heavier than I remember . . . :oops: Core strength could be improved on most of us folks over 50, would be my guess. Great progress, Tell her we are rooting her on.:clap

Back
Top Bottom