Hi Cappy!
How are your tooth hole(?) (hole doesn’t sound right, lol) and ear doing?
That’s what I was afraid of with those hovabators. Brinsea is really expensive. I can really only afford their bubble model right now. I swear, though, it’s the same thing as my egg cooker. I just can’t get over it. And, it seems very small, almost too small for what I think I will need.
I have a mini Brinsea, I hate turning the eggs in it.

I got a little giant still air and mounted my own fans in it. I turned by hand but plan on having a turner the next time.
I got 15 out of 50 though so take that into consideration. All around the edges failed. It seemed to have a hot spot in the middle. I think it's because I mounted my fans on the side. I'm going to buy the kit to put the fan in the middle of the heating element like comes in the factory circulated air model. It is cheaper to buy them individually and put them together yourself from what I have seen.
I thought about it, but I don’t know the fundamentals of how they’re supposed to work. You know, like when you’re cooking. If you understand the basic concept of the recipe, you can tweek it pretty much however you want. And, I don’t know how to solder. :(

Hi Cappy!
How are your tooth hole(?) (hole doesn’t sound right, lol) and ear doing?
That’s what I was afraid of with those hovabators. Brinsea is really expensive. I can really only afford their bubble model right now. I swear, though, it’s the same thing as my egg cooker. I just can’t get over it. And, it seems very small, almost too small for what I think I will need.
My tooth socket is tender , my ear is sore, and my knees hurt where I fell down the other day. I did start taking antibiotics so things should improve soon. Thanks for asking.

Are you looking to upgrade sometime? I’ll buy your used one.
If I upgrade I’ll probably keep the ovations for hatchers or special projects. I have been using the two yellow topped Chinese incubators I converted with incukits for hatching but the fan died in one of them. I’ll have to see if I can replace it. They tend to run cooler than my Brinseas 97-98F but that is fine for hatching I had terrible hatch rates when I used them to start the eggs though.

Back
Top Bottom