Yeah, Hannah is pretty pricey. I have never seen a light like that! Cool. I did forget to ask about feeding. How does that work? Do kost eat flake or pellets? Or do you have to do fresh or frozen? I have my big tank with the bichirs, angels and synodontis that O give frozen shrimp or krill to. I tried buying a bag of mixed seafood, but since we don’t eat it ourselves, I don’t know how to prepare it. I thought microwVing in a cup of water, but then I didn’t know if it was cooked or not. Also, I dont know how long frozen seafood stays “fresh”.

Nope, this is number 1. I think :lol:
Either way, you’re good :)

I think the Hanna hydrometer was $80 :oops: but like I said, my friend used a very basic analog one and kept everyone healthy and happy for over two years.

The light is great because it is very adjustable. You can control both the intensity of the light and the spectrum of light (amount of white vs blue light etc.).

We have so many types of food for them lol. They are spoiled. Plus we have fish, inverts, and now corals and they all have their own preferences. Our two main foods we use are Hikari Marine S sinking pellets and frozen mysis shrimp (or frozen marine cuisine which is mysis plus some other stuff). The shrimp come in little blocks. We put one in a container with a little RO/DI water, then use a pipette to add some of the mixture to the tank. Extra mix goes in the fridge. Since buying our pistol shrimp, I have also started putting a few Hikari Crab Cuisine pellets near his burrow on feeding days. Once a week, I put a piece of a nori sheet in the tank as a treat for the fighting conch. She loves that stuff. Lexi also used to sometimes provide algae wafers as a treat, but I haven’t had much luck with those. Finally, the corals get plankton twice a week :th

And just in case I don’t sound crazy enough, here is the calendar I use to keep track of everything :gig

BD47DC64-7F9F-4B06-B2D8-2FBABCA9893A.jpeg

I think the Hanna hydrometer was $80 :oops: but like I said, my friend used a very basic analog one and kept everyone healthy and happy for over two years.

The light is great because it is very adjustable. You can control both the intensity of the light and the spectrum of light (amount of white vs blue light etc.).

We have so many types of food for them lol. They are spoiled. Plus we have fish, inverts, and now corals and they all have their own preferences. Our two main foods we use are Hikari Marine S sinking pellets and frozen mysis shrimp (or frozen marine cuisine which is mysis plus some other stuff). The shrimp come in little blocks. We put one in a container with a little RO/DI water, then use a pipette to add some of the mixture to the tank. Extra mix goes in the fridge. Since buying our pistol shrimp, I have also started putting a few Hikari Crab Cuisine pellets near his burrow on feeding days. Once a week, I put a piece of a nori sheet in the tank as a treat for the fighting conch. She loves that stuff. Lexi also used to sometimes provide algae wafers as a treat, but I haven’t had much luck with those. Finally, the corals get plankton twice a week :th

And just in case I don’t sound crazy enough, here is the calendar I use to keep track of everything :gig

View attachment 2348758
I do similar stuff with my freshwater. I really like the calendar idea! I was writing on the tanks with chalk marker, but it’s not helping me remember so maybe a calendar would be better? And you color coded :love

I do similar stuff with my freshwater. I really like the calendar idea! I was writing on the tanks with chalk marker, but it’s not helping me remember so maybe a calendar would be better? And you color coded :love
I find the calendar super helpful. Without it, I did fine at remembering things that needed to be done every single day, but I was having major difficulty remembering when to do the “every other day” and “once a week” type stuff. There were a couple of times where I forgot to feed the gecko for an entire week :oops: He was fine but I felt terrible.

Are they dehydrated?
I just bought some 3in1 but haven’t given it to them yet. I only have one waterer and it says to also give fresh water.
I think they are dehydrated. So then they don't eat. Combs are pale. I fed them OJ or apple and mango juice with meds. I got 12 ccs in each of them each time. Plus they have water in there. They got stew mixed with feed and then scrambled eggs mixed with feed. I give them game bird feed.

Back
Top Bottom