So, I had a brilliant idea yesterday. We've been using our living room for a place to fold clothes. The idea was that they would annoy us and we would get them done. In practice.... it didn't work out so well. The clothes just ended up sitting and getting scattered around by the kids and never really got done. Plus, never having a clean living room was just not good for my sanity.

Well, my idea was to clean up the guest bedroom, make the bed, put a dust sheet over the made bed and get enough baskets to sort everyone's clean clothes into plus a linens basket. So, I had off work this morning because I worked so late last night. We got baskets, cleaned the room, and moved all the laundry onto the guest bed. So far it is working great. I have a folding surface, I don't have to worry about the boys messing up my progress in folding and there aren't piles of laundry all over my living room! It's fantastic! I think I might actually get more folding done because I can take little breaks while working to go fold clothes. When the clothes were in the living room it was a big production to fold because I needed to get out a folding table and worry about the boys messing things up. Stopping in the middle just ended up with a mess everywhere. We might have to play catchup if we have guests that come by but, we usually know way ahead of time and that is only a few times a year. It also means that the guest bedroom will become less of a dumping ground because we will be making use of it regularly.

So, I had a brilliant idea yesterday. We've been using our living room for a place to fold clothes. The idea was that they would annoy us and we would get them done. In practice.... it didn't work out so well. The clothes just ended up sitting and getting scattered around by the kids and never really got done. Plus, never having a clean living room was just not good for my sanity.

Well, my idea was to clean up the guest bedroom, make the bed, put a dust sheet over the made bed and get enough baskets to sort everyone's clean clothes into plus a linens basket. So, I had off work this morning because I worked so late last night. We got baskets, cleaned the room, and moved all the laundry onto the guest bed. So far it is working great. I have a folding surface, I don't have to worry about the boys messing up my progress in folding and there aren't piles of laundry all over my living room! It's fantastic! I think I might actually get more folding done because I can take little breaks while working to go fold clothes. When the clothes were in the living room it was a big production to fold because I needed to get out a folding table and worry about the boys messing things up. Stopping in the middle just ended up with a mess everywhere. We might have to play catchup if we have guests that come by but, we usually know way ahead of time and that is only a few times a year. It also means that the guest bedroom will become less of a dumping ground because we will be making use of it regularly.

My daughter is famous for dumping the clean clothes in a chair or one end of the couch after they dry. They just dig for what they want to wear 🙄. The last time I went to visit, I helped fold everything and it took my two grand daughters and me over an hour to finish folding. I hope she has stopped doing it, but I don't think so 😞 and she has a spare room!!

That's awesome that you have gotten it all worked out and now you have your living room back .

Good morning :frow

TGIF 🎉🎉

It’s still pouring here. The run is officially an actual mud pit. I dont want to let the girls out today. My buffs looked liked my welsummer, only much fluffier. :)
I feel really bad for the rabbits just put in there. Yesterday I noticed the quail are somehow getting wet under the deck. I didnt think about the water travelling ☹️
We have a rug and one of those covered screen things on the deck so I thought they'd be dry. At least I have some feed bags I can put on them. Well, better quit playing around and get ready for work. I’m actually up before its time to leave 😱

TGIF 🎉🎉

It’s still pouring here. The run is officially an actual mud pit. I dont want to let the girls out today. My buffs looked liked my welsummer, only much fluffier. :)
I feel really bad for the rabbits just put in there. Yesterday I noticed the quail are somehow getting wet under the deck. I didnt think about the water travelling ☹
We have a rug and one of those covered screen things on the deck so I thought they'd be dry. At least I have some feed bags I can put on them. Well, better quit playing around and get ready for work. I’m actually up before its time to leave 😱
:frow Good morning Fishy, have a great day

TGIF 🎉🎉

I feel really bad for the rabbits just put in there. Yesterday I noticed the quail are somehow getting wet under the deck. I didnt think about the water travelling ☹

Good morning Fishy 🙂 have a great Friday

Back
Top Bottom