Puleeeze, my kitchen counters seem to beg my family to fill them with their stuff, and they comply. The grands hear my floors calling to them to spill sticky, gooey stuff on them. Again, they comply. They're so-so in the bathroom. It's a 50/50 shot as to whether I'll walk in, and be able to use it, or faint.

If only they would clean up after themselves 🤔🤔.
I have noticed that if I leave some crap around that seems to be enough to deter more, in some spots. They just cannot stand empty space 🤷🏻‍♀️
I tried filling end tables up with fish tanks, but that didn't last too long. They started putting crap on top. And it was just more fish tanks to clean 🤣
Sad news is, Ive started copying some of their bad habits and dont even notice until im called out :oops:

It is like a perpetual sprinkling of dirt and hair from the dogs and clutter from the people. 😳

I think I will begin strategically decreasing the amount of things in random places.....by using that big black can that the big blue truck empties once a week. I know when I move my shop I will be downsizing a lot. Hubs has a really bad habit of depositing tools he replaces by sticking the old ones in my tool box. That leaves no room for my tools.

As for the dirt and hair...well that seems a losing endless battle.

Puleeeze, my kitchen counters seem to beg my family to fill them with their stuff, and they comply. The grands hear my floors calling to them to spill sticky, gooey stuff on them. Again, they comply. They're so-so in the bathroom. It's a 50/50 shot as to whether I'll walk in, and be able to use it, or faint.

OH NO!!! They get you too!!!!
:th

It is a true plague!

OH NO!!! They get you too!!!!
:th

It is a true plague!
I'm not sure if they get me too, or not. Maybe. The trouble is, if you ask them, the reply is always "Not Me". "Not Me" is an old enemy from when I raised my own children. "Not Me" has super powers to trash, destroy, mess up, and gunk up faster than I can clean up. Then, to add insult to injury, "Not Me" disappears, and is nowhere to be found when it's time to clean up. For years, I've sworn if I catch "Not Me" I will show no mercy.

I'm not sure if they get me too, or not. Maybe. The trouble is, if you ask them, the reply is always "Not Me". "Not Me" is an old enemy from when I raised my own children. "Not Me" has super powers to trash, destroy, mess up, and gunk up faster than I can clean up. Then, to add insult to injury, "Not Me" disappears, and is nowhere to be found when it's time to clean up. For years, I've sworn if I catch "Not Me" I will show no mercy.

I think I have heard of this "Not Me" character before. The lever of great heaps of messes.

Yup! No mercy!

I think Not Me has been hanging out in my shop.....just going by the mess. 🤔

Believe it or not it's a lot more work than that. :hugs

I too am overwhelmed with chores, interruptions, mess makers coming right behind me to thrash what I just did.

Yesterday for example....
It took a couple hours to clean the bathroom because of dumb dogs being dumb and as soon as my son got home he had to rinse the mud off his hairy dog.
So much for that clean bathroom.

No the garden hose wasn't a viable option since the only non dirt area is in the same side of the yard as my birds. She is 100#+ so would have broke free to harass the birds.
We are having a hot water faucet installed in the carport, for next winter. Hot & cold running water in the carport will be great!

It is like a perpetual sprinkling of dirt and hair from the dogs and clutter from the people. 😳

I think I will begin strategically decreasing the amount of things in random places.....by using that big black can that the big blue truck empties once a week. I know when I move my shop I will be downsizing a lot. Hubs has a really bad habit of depositing tools he replaces by sticking the old ones in my tool box. That leaves no room for my tools.

As for the dirt and hair...well that seems a losing endless battle.
Now that I am brooding messy ducklings in my "She Shed" my husband has quit putting extra stuff in there. Now it just goes on a table in the carport or on top of the box where I keep chicken feed. Have to clear the top every time the chickens need food, so it is empty. So next day, more stuff has magically appeared!:rolleyes:

0735F862-9B92-4CBE-9E94-2AA58453C148.png

Back
Top Bottom