Oh how sweet it is

kari_dawn

Songster
10 Years
Nov 2, 2009
North Texas
To have your first egg and some jellied toast for breakfast! ^.^ Especially after such a LOOOONNNGG wait.
smile.png

firsteggbreakfast2.jpg

firsteggbreakfast.jpg

firsteggbreakfast3.jpg

Well, I got the first one yesterday, and another of the same size (small) this morning...wonder when they will start getting bigger...I don't remember how long it took my last girls to start laying large eggs...but my girls waited 8 months to get started! Here's hoping your wait is short! I am SOOOOO excited, and that egg (with a store bought) was SO good! There is NOTHING like fresh home grown eggs!

Last edited:
ha ha it was super yummy! She laid her first one in the dog house I have on the ground for them, but this morning, it was in the nest box, nestled in fresh straw, right where it was supposed to be...I wish I knew which girl laid it! I think it is Jasmine.

P1000213.jpg

Congrats!!! Don't worry the eggs will get bigger fairly quickly. Keep your eyes open for double yokers. We got one yesterday.
The double yoker weight was 3.35 oz!!!! I hear that that double yokers are commen for younger layers.
big_smile.png

I am amazed at how beautiful your chickens are!!!
100379_p1010521.jpg

Last edited:
whoa! lol well, I can say I have not had one of those out of any of my girls recently...though we had a buff orp that would lay one occasionally...Im so excited!

I can come for breakfast tomorrow. What time should I be there?
lol.png

Very exciting day for you. Here's to many many more breakfasts....now you have to get the BYC bumber sticker that says...."my pet makes me breakfast"

Back
Top Bottom