Oh NO Niece found a baby deer and brought it home!!

barnie.gif
ooh no! i dont know what to tell you! i hope someone chimes in quick!
barnie.gif

Ive raised baby deer before. I suggest getting cow milk from your local feed store, warming it and feeding it to the deer with a bottle. Just feed it the same way you would a cow or goat. They are closely related to goats. So if you have goat milk that would be better.

However the BEST option to do is take it to your local wildlife office and give it to them. They have people that are paid to know how to care for the animals and they have the time to do so since its thier job. After a deer gets so old, it can become very dangerous to have around the house. Expecially if its male.

I know the wildlife rehab lady down the street bottle feeds the deer turned in to her with goats milk. Can buy at Walmart. Might help the poor thing make it till you can find some help with this problem. Might even call your local police. They might have the number of a wildlife rehab facility.

It looks to be about a week or so old. It doesn't seem to have any fight to it at all. It is supposed to be freezing tonight.

She knows where it came from - will the mom take it if she returns it? Or is the damage already done?

No one is open! I called forestry conservation and wildlife and the county extension office all closed!

Back
Top Bottom