***OKIES in the BYC III ***

yup- thats what mine were-

good morning okies, i know there arent alot of us on now but im gonna ask anyway. Has anyone ever crossed a nn with a cochin or a nn with an americauna or any combination of these 3 breeds? Im thinking about seein what my nn roo and my cochin hen will do. Just for fun. Wonder if it will look like all its neck feathers ran to its legs. That would be funny. Or a fluffy faced nn... haha. Im gonna do it!

the other event in the eastern okie get together in june, have a link on my sigline

do you think that the leg feathers could ever be as full as the cochis? My roo looks like he is wearing featherd chaps. I dont want to see any leg! Any thoughts on the nn americauna? By the way beautifull birds. I love the blue. Thats what my nns are and my cochins and most of my americaunas. Love the blues.

I know that any cross I have had that was with a cochin, the legs are never fully feathered. I don't know if you could change that after continued breeding.......I would suggest you ask Carl Jarvis.

Last edited:
Silkies crossed w/NN and carried down several generations are VERY cute and have very full leg and foot feathering. Look up "showgirl silkie chickens."

Back
Top Bottom