***OKIES in the BYC III ***

What kind of girl would ask Teach to prom.
lau.gif

yuckyuck.gif

Kass the recommended time for transplanting iris is when they are in bloom. But I have moved them in the spring and fall and even winter with no ill effects!

We got a little rain this morning then it stopped so I have been out cleaning flower beds and taking cuttings and just all around piddling around.
Be thinking of you two and your test NaNa and cowboy. Cowboy,my frills have two eggs,anxious to see if two more follow!

I had two parakeet hens get into a fight last week and had to bring one hen into the house for healing. I put her back sat. This morning they got into it again. I don't know if one will survive ,they were fighting to the death I guess. So I brought both hens and their mates back in for healing and treatment,different cages tho!I've never had them fight like this over nest before. There are plenty there but they both want the same one. And when I took them out the other hen that was left went into it. So I just took that one down!

Well got some ironing and washing to do so I'll take care of that this afternoon since the rain is supposed to move back in.

This is another question I need help with...We live in the city limits and have our chickens in our backyard. We havent let them out of the run yet. I am worried they will fly over the fence. They are Buff Orpingtons and everything I have read says they are too large to fly too high. Is this true? Also, how do you get them back into the run or coop?
Thanks for answering all my questions! I would be lost without this page

This is another question I need help with...We live in the city limits and have our chickens in our backyard. We havent let them out of the run yet. I am worried they will fly over the fence. They are Buff Orpingtons and everything I have read says they are too large to fly too high. Is this true? Also, how do you get them back into the run or coop?

I do not have Orpingtons, mine are smaller and more able to fly (EE) I let mine out in our fenced back yard all the time and they have never left the yard, even my escape artist Yeta. I think the more room they have the less inclined they are to go up and over. Getting them back in is easy, you can wait until dusk and they will go back on their own, or if they are used to treats, just put treats in the run.

I do not have Orpingtons, mine are smaller and more able to fly (EE) I let mine out in our fenced back yard all the time and they have never left the yard, even my escape artist Yeta. I think the more room they have the less inclined they are to go up and over. Getting them back in is easy, you can wait until dusk and they will go back on their own, or if they are used to treats, just put treats in the run.

OK thank you. Im just nervous they will hop the fence and the neighbors will turn me in or even worse her dogs will get them. We have two six foot fences on the east and west side of the house and a 4 ft fence on the south side. Im going to go try now.

Im like Kass. The pen that I have my Orps in is large and no one even trys to get out. But I would say that with mostly 6 foot fences you wont have a problem anyway.

Just clip one of there wings. There are tons of videos on youtube showing how to do it. Its really easy. I live in Lawton and I bought a large dog kennel. It's all chain link. We had to put chicken wire on the top because of predators. We think it was a hawk. I can't free range because my dogs would kill them.

Wanted to pass along to those of you whom know Teach, he will not be making the Poops this time, I talked to him this morning and he says he has a Prom that night and won't be able to come, he and his family are well, the tornadoes missed them out there, he will be moving this summer to his new job in Texas, I wish him and his family well, I for one will miss him and some of the other old timers at the Poops this time, I wanted to pass along also that we weathered the storm with minor damage, had a dead tree fall on my tailgate of my truck, nothing major, some stuff blown around the yard! I am excited for Poops! I do plan to be there but as things go my wife may have to work, we will see how that works out, I plan on coming and enjoying myself!!! Hope to see everyone there ,old and new!!!! Lynn
cool.png

Thanks Lynn for the update on Teach. I sure miss him being around.
Glad you are gonna make it to POOPS.
I miss the old timers too!
Glad you got through the storm ok.

Back
Top Bottom