Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
34274_biofarnsworth_wince.jpg
Good news, everyone!

I managed to get the snake out of the chicken wire. He's as long as a T-post, so I guess that means he's 5 feet long. The hens emerged from the coop almost immediately after I dragged the egg snatcher out the door. Judging from the bulges, he ate at least three eggs before trying to escape through the chicken wire. I need some hot chocolate and my blankey. Slaying dragons before noon wears a girl out.

Hey all...

Had to put down my sweet and beautiful Polish chick this morning...I am so sad. She just never improved, and did seem to decline a little each day despite trying vitamin therapy and good supportive care. I know it is the humane thing to do, and maybe I get too attached to certain birds that are special...but to lose one like that is sad...to me anyway...
th.gif
hit.gif

On a positive note...my password has been reset and I am at work now...posting! YEAH!
ya.gif

Can anyone tell me what would cause club feet on a chick.
sad.png
I have been hatching silkies and one of the new chicks has one club foot. It is the second time one of my chicks has hatched with club feet.

Quote:
Oh Peaches enjoy the days off with Doc...make it special (I know you will!)...I know we didn't get to talk at POOPS but I feel llike I know you both
frow.gif
just from reading along...and please tell Doc THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts (Vern and Suzi) for serving our country...makes my heart swell with pride to know that about him...and you and Hotdog too--you serve our country also by being a supportive wife and child...just my humble opinion anyway...but we will pray for all of you for the duration of his deployment and as long as you need us to.

Quote:
What are you considering a club foot? Is it deformed or just not using the toes & the foot appears to be curled?

Poco you rock!

I have had snakes that big come a-visiting before also...if they are in the backyard before I know they are there, Cricket the Wonder-Scottie goes out there and makes quick work of them--less than 2 seconds and it is OVER--dead snake! I don't like it when he does that because 1) the snake could be poisonous and 2) it is usually a beneficial snake, the kind that eat the poisonous snakes and keep us safe (as creepy as that sounds!).

The last time we had a big snake, Vern picked up the snake with a long-handled "grabber" thingy, and as it was a big snake, he had to hold it way away from his body and had to run out of the yard with it as the grabber didn't hang on to the snake very well...I laughed until I cried and renamed him...his new Indian name is "Runs With Snake"
gig.gif

After that, I resolved to get a professional snake handling tool...I found them on eBay and depending on the size, they run about $30 or so. I think it will be worth it to buy one just to keep around...especially after seeing Poco's snake--that is a big 'un! Not that I want to mess with snakes, but having the right tool for the job is important!

Quote:
Yes, I will be showing these now 4 month old Silkied Seramas and others that I have raised this year. I have several full brothers of these that I need to sell to make more room for others. If anyone needs a cockerel from good show lines, now is the time.

45378_picture_212.jpg

45378_picture_214.jpg

45378_picture_156.jpg

Quote:
Thanks, FunChick. They're little-bitty guys, but they whirl and twirl and strut like they think they're the most important thing on the place. Great personalities, tame and gentle.

Wow Poco pollo!
ep.gif
I only do snakes when DHs not around. Otherwise, that's his job. He'd have been regretting teaching me to use the shotgun had he run off and left me to take care of that myself! You're
bow.gif

Very nice Junebug! The only show I know of we plan to go to in OK is the one in December. I think we're just doing the summer fair stuff here and then going to take a few months off. I expect I'll run into a few of you all again there.

Our missing Sumatra turned up to eat today, so I guess we'll be searching out a nest. A Brahma/Sumatra cross might be interesting, but now's just not a good time.

@ mg, Miss Cheng and anyone else I missed that recently joined BYC,

yippiechickie.gif
Hello and welcome to BYC!

----

@ michaeldaugherty
... can't wait to see you on Saturday. "Buster" is more than excited about his new friend that we are getting or him.
We've made his Bachelors pad fit for two... lots of new tires, bowling balls and tree stumps for the both of them to play with.
Not to mention we've installed a new sprinkler for them to romp and play in (Buster ♥'s the sprinkler - lol).
wee.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom