Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kwartel, you might check at Lumber 2 or Ace hardware for the PVC corners.. sometimes I forget that they have a different selection than the "big box" stores. I am officially out of the quail business at this time and will likely not get any more for awhile. Just don't have an ideal location right now.

Edited because I wasn't paying attention to who posted about the great potential quail cages. Sorry! It also looks like since I was posting from the cell phone at the time that I posted twice.

Last edited:
Monty, you might check at Lumber 2 or Ace hardware for the PVC corners.. sometimes I forget that they have a different selection than the "big box" stores. I am officially out of the quail business at this time and will likely not get any more for awhile. Just don't have an ideal location right now.

Quote:
Robert shut's down the store at 12 noon, but they are there in force till then. Don't scam my last bag of DE I haven't picked it up yet, he's saving it for me.

AL

No worries we have plenty of DE left from our last purchase..... Wont be able to make it down there now... we have a our property restructure outlined on PAINT.. and are fixing to head outside and tear down the old barb wire to make way for the new design. I am so excited... Alot of hard work but going to be so worth it in the end... If you all can wish me much sun protection that would be great.. ha ha ha

JEANNIE

HI partwyan
frow.gif

Hey Barnswallow
lau.gif

After about 40 minutes of not being able to get on BYC with the computer, it finally went through. Whew! I was worried we would have problems posting this evening.
hmm.png

Checked the weather forcast and now I need to go check out the chicks in brooders. If it really gets down to 55 degrees this evening, we will lose chicks due to piling as they try to stay warm. I lost several for that reason last night - so need to put out some lights to prevent that tonight. Have two hens hatching out chicks last night and today - I wonder how many of the older chicks I can get them to accept? Maybe if I put them into a large pet carrier in a dark area of the coop? Since I usually have problems with the surrogate mama hen killing the chicks when the chicks don't come when called by mama, maybe they will seek her warmth and get into the habit of getting beneath her so she won't realize that they are not hers.
jumpy.gif

Matt - I picked up the plastic trays I had ordered for the transport cages you made me for the Flemish, today at the rabbit show. The transport cages fit right into the trays.
thumbsup.gif

It sounds like I should have stopped at the Atwoods in Chickasha to get 1/2 x 1 wire so that I can make some rabbit cages and brooder cages. Thank you for sharing the information on where to find it. I was going to ask you, since you used it for the floors of the transport cages you made me. I haven't yet asked at Lumber 2 to see if they have it there, but if they don't I will make a trip to Chickasha. Baby chicks come right through the 2x4 wire unless it is wrapped with hardware cloth- which is extra trouble, materials and time.

P&B I had trouble ghetting on BYC with Google Chrome also, finally got here!!! Had a good day, took a load of aluminium scrap and sold it for .10/lb, had 820 lbs. not too bad for dirty aluminium. I fixed a Pork Loin roaste in the crockpot all day, and while Dakota and Heather fed the pigs, guineas, rabbits and pigs I fixed supper of corn on the cob, loin roaste, salad, mmashed potatoes with brown roaste gravy. Went and picked up Dakotas girlfriend for his FIRST DATE of dinner at our house. Nice girl and cute! so gotta go and get around and take her home in a bit, have a good night all, Lynn
cool.png

Quote:
My chick are 3weeks an they dont have a light at all but they are about 25 hevy breed chicks..an keep each other warm.

Quote:
3 boxes lol I thought my boy was bad.

Yeah it's always fun watching the new guy's, I looked at their gun's afterward and they were shooting through full chockes on 22" barrels with 7/8 oz 7 shot. I was shooting my trusted custom hot loads 1&1/8 oz 8's through a 28" barrel at modified choke.
This one guy unloaded 3 shot's at a fast flying dipping turning dove and missed on all three, I looked at him smiled and raised up as it flew at warp speed away, in one shot and downed it at 55 yds, he about wet himself at the shot as we all laughed, then I said go fetch that bird now!!. I tell ya it was a sight to see LOL and all from a one eyed guy hehehehe.

AL

Poco Pollo nice pic's Congrad...
City cluck's i like the story about the cricket ..
partwyan Macy won best roo of the show with a bird we bot from you at the sale...
Grace's Dad if you come to the sale bring that nice cage so us BYC'ers can bid on it. OH yah an bring some of Grace's duck's....
Buckguy Fletch is the hot spot for the Dove some guy's wer at cement talking about how manny they seen on the east side of the lake..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom