Online order: Hoovers hatchery chicks

I ordered 15 Sapphire Gems from Hoovers. All turned out pullets, are very healthy, and are starting to lay jumbo eggs daily. 9 eggs today(edit 11), 9 yesterday. I am impressed with their chicks, and would order from them again.
Resized_20190113_123224.jpeg
20190131_114658.jpg
20190120_151021.jpg

Last edited:
Imo it was weather and postal handling during route. Hoovers is very good with customer service. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully the warmer days coming will help with the new shipment.

Imo it was weather and postal handling during route. Hoovers is very good with customer service. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully the warmer days coming will help with the new shipment.
Yes, entirely the weather! The little bodies I received looked like healthy cuties, just too much stress to handle. Hoover's has been great about sending replacements!

Received replacement order DOA. Just a note here. Hoover's does not include "packing peanuts" or extra box lining for cold weather shipments
IMGA0676.jpg
I will be calling them tomorrow to see if they will try again. I am hoping they will ship after March 1st. This winter is wY too cold for tiny babies

Last edited:
Received replacement order DOA. Just a note here. Hoover's does not include "packing peanuts" or extra box lining for cold weather shipmentsView attachment 1669890 I will be calling them tomorrow to see if they will try again. I am hoping they will ship after March 1st. This winter is wY too cold for tiny babies
Oh Dear! Another order? I'm sorry!
Did they put a heat pad under that lining?

If I have chicks shipped it's usually in April or later. Even in April we can have night time temps in the 20s, so I usually wait.

Hopefully they will wait to ship your replacements when it's warmer.

Back
Top Bottom