Online order: Hoovers hatchery chicks

Our First egg this morning from this batch. Our babies are officially grown

Attachments

• 20190127_154318.jpg
    20190127_154318.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 15
Question I read in the polish thread that they can't bwe sexed at birth. But Hoover Hatchery sells them that way. Can I trust that I will get all pullets as ordered?

%QUOTE="ARose4Heaven, post: 20921844, member: 28261"]Question I read in the polish thread that they can't bwe sexed at birth. But Hoover Hatchery sells them that way. Can I trust that I will get all pullets as ordered?[/QUOTE]
Look at Hoover's guarantee page:
"Hoover’s Hatchery guarantees live delivery of quality baby chicks of the breed you ordered. We guarantee all sexed birds to be 90% accurate as to sex."
https://www.hoovershatchery.com/our-guarantee.html

Hatcheries vent sex chicks unless they are bantams, as far as I know. They have that 90% rate listed. So let's say you order 10, they guarantee 9 will be female:)
I've ordered from hatchery a couple of times and my rate ended up being 100%.
It can be a gamble, but if they have what you want, then go with it.

Oh yeah, I have put in my order. Was due to ship today. But now I am afraid they won't arrive alive. The post offices in Iowa are closed today due to extreme cold.
IMG_20190122_093609_568.JPG

Oh yeah, I have put in my order. Was due to ship today. But now I am afraid they won't arrive alive. The post offices in Iowa are closed today due to extreme cold.View attachment 1658064
Oh No! Do you think they will ship or hold them at the hatchery for a couple of days?
If they do ship, I hope they come through o.k.:fl

Yay! I just talked to Hoover Hatchery. Because of the cold weather where they are in Iowa, they are using their own trucks to take shipments South to an open mail shipping facility for those customers that are outside the frigid weather zone. Yippee! I think they just became my favorite hatchery.
That's good news!

Yes, my favorite hatchery as well. This order was an order of x15 females and x2 showed up Male. And I am actually very pleased with the x2 roosters. They are very alert, well mannered (when feeding), they do not fight with each other or my ducks. Very healthy, very pleased with Hoovers.

I am actually making another order in a couple of weeks with them again, and will continue with Hoovers in future.i am curious of the Gold lace. Will you post pictures when they arrive?

Back
Top Bottom