Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

With most of the mustache being brown and blonde, having the tips of it and the soul patch on my bottom lip coming in very white is extremely confusing and disappointing for my dog. Given half a chance she tries to clean it for me thinking it might be left over milk gravy from breakfast.

Last edited:
I'm finally the official owner of a homemade round tuit. Well, almost round tuit. Guess I'd better get round tuit!
big_smile.png

14937_round_tuit1.jpg

I've seen those on several ocassions and have tried very hard to make sure Hope doesn't see them. Can you imagine the turmoil it would create in my life should she come in possession of one?

Today, Hope and I drove 150 miles southwest of us to Shipshewana, IN. Most of the trip both there and back was on county roads. Took much longer than the state highways but sure was a much prettier trip. The day was bright and sunny and even though the fall leave color is past peak, it still was a very beautiful drive.

Good day all,

Not much excitment here, which is a good thing! I'm expecting some eggs in the mail today, so they can rest for the day and be set tonight or tomorrow. I have gotten a still air incubator to use as a hatcher, since I already have 6 eggs set in the main incubator. Looks like only 2 of them *might* make it.
sad.png
I did get a fan kit to add to the still air, so that's todays project.

Finally finished picking the 1/2 bushel of blue crabs I got with the load of firewood - every time I get into several hours of crab picking I start to wonder at my sanity. If time is money, I would be saving a fortune by just buying a couple pounds of fresh crabmeat! But it sure is good still warm from the steamer......
droolin.gif

Glad you and Hope took a drive, Opa, the northern autumns are spectacular. The only thing around our place that changes color is a grove of dogwood trees.

PK, "a round tuit" is an old carpenter's joke- as in "I'll get around to it", meaning it may never get done! It frequently goes along with a "honey-do list". I'm sure Opa can explain it better than I.
tongue.png

Hope all are well and happy!
frow.gif

Good morning everyone,

Opa, That part of the country is so nice, I have taken the drive from Saint Joe, Benton Harbor area up there love it. Did you do any shopping while there?

PK what have you been up to?

RanchHand, How fun to hatch new babies. You go girl!

We are getting some rain at last, and the temp. is cooler, great break from the heat.

I got 2 blue eggs so far from my new EE,I had 1 blue egg from her mom before she got killed. She was hatched by one of my Bantam Frizzle Hens, 10 in all. The other hen, same kind, killed 4 of her babies as soon as they hatched. I was able to save 3 of the babies, and had to put them in a place of there own in the new coop. So they are low on the totem pole, They sure hang in there tho.

Have a good day all. Got to head for the DR. this morning, so I had better get ready.

Morning again! How are all of you?

Tonopah, I've just been jotting down random things I want in my story and listening to great music.

Back
Top Bottom