Aww....he sound fun! Have you had him long? So he eats rats? Are they live or dead? How often does he eat? (Sorry for all the questions, :D I'm just so curious about snakes! 🐍
You're all good; I enjoy answering them. :)
I usually feed Snek a frozen thawed small rat once every two weeks. Unfortunately I am not very good about a consistent schedule, but once every two weeks is the recommendation for adult ball pythons. I buy them frozen, and on feeding days I put one in a plastic bag and submerge it in water until it thaws. When it is feeding time, I submerge it in hot water to heat it up. Ball pythons are very picky eaters, and won't eat anything they think is not alive.

You're all good; I enjoy answering them. :)
I usually feed Snek a frozen thawed small rat once every two weeks. Unfortunately I am not very good about a consistent schedule, but once every two weeks is the recommendation for adult ball pythons. I buy them frozen, and on feeding days I put one in a plastic bag and submerge it in water until it thaws. When it is feeding time, I submerge it in hot water to heat it up. Ball pythons are very picky eaters, and won't eat anything they think is not alive.
Yes I would imagine they only like live food. I guess he thinks your hand is more alive than the rat? :lol: Do you have to keep a heat lamp on him?

orloffer's Adventures in Suburban Backyard Birdwatching
Day 1 (yesterday), I saw and learned to identify of the following:
-Dark Eyed Junco
-Yellow-Rumped Warbler / Audobon's Warbler
-Black Phoebe
-American Robin
-Bewick's Wren
-Western Bluebird

Day 2 (today), I saw and learned to identify the following:
-Anna's hummingbird
-Chestnut-backed Chickadee
-California Towhee
-Western Scrub-Jay
-Oak Titmouse
-Hermit Thrush
I also saw more of the dark-eyed junco, yellow-rumped warbler, Western bluebird, and Bewick's wren.

Other common birds:
-American Crow
-Mourning Dove

Back
Top Bottom