orloffer

Crowing
Jun 10, 2020
SF Bay Area, CA
Aww....he sound fun! Have you had him long? So he eats rats? Are they live or dead? How often does he eat? (Sorry for all the questions, :D I'm just so curious about snakes! 🐍
You're all good; I enjoy answering them. :)
I usually feed Snek a frozen thawed small rat once every two weeks. Unfortunately I am not very good about a consistent schedule, but once every two weeks is the recommendation for adult ball pythons. I buy them frozen, and on feeding days I put one in a plastic bag and submerge it in water until it thaws. When it is feeding time, I submerge it in hot water to heat it up. Ball pythons are very picky eaters, and won't eat anything they think is not alive.

TwoCrows

See my signature for BYC contests, you can win!!
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
Mar 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
My Coop
You're all good; I enjoy answering them. :)
I usually feed Snek a frozen thawed small rat once every two weeks. Unfortunately I am not very good about a consistent schedule, but once every two weeks is the recommendation for adult ball pythons. I buy them frozen, and on feeding days I put one in a plastic bag and submerge it in water until it thaws. When it is feeding time, I submerge it in hot water to heat it up. Ball pythons are very picky eaters, and won't eat anything they think is not alive.
Yes I would imagine they only like live food. I guess he thinks your hand is more alive than the rat? :lol: Do you have to keep a heat lamp on him?

orloffer

Crowing
Jun 10, 2020
SF Bay Area, CA
orloffer's Adventures in Suburban Backyard Birdwatching
Day 1 (yesterday), I saw and learned to identify of the following:
-Dark Eyed Junco
-Yellow-Rumped Warbler / Audobon's Warbler
-Black Phoebe
-American Robin
-Bewick's Wren
-Western Bluebird

Day 2 (today), I saw and learned to identify the following:
-Anna's hummingbird
-Chestnut-backed Chickadee
-California Towhee
-Western Scrub-Jay
-Oak Titmouse
-Hermit Thrush
I also saw more of the dark-eyed junco, yellow-rumped warbler, Western bluebird, and Bewick's wren.

Other common birds:
-American Crow
-Mourning Dove

Top Bottom