The snowy Egrets are gorgeous. I've never seen any in person(bird I mean). Do sometimes seen a crane. In the neighboring area ( rich) many in the gaited community have ponds so I've seen them there.

I wouldn't consider myself to be close to the ocean, but looking on a map, I suppose it is really not that far. As the crow flies, I am less than 20 miles from the ocean. Realistically, Mountain View is around 25 miles from Halfmoon Bay, and 33 miles from San Francisco.
I guess 20 miles isn't too far. I'd be sneaking down to the beach occasionally to see the shore birds. :p Do you have Sandpipers there? Such cute little birds!

I guess 20 miles isn't too far. I'd be sneaking down to the beach occasionally to see the shore birds. :p Do you have Sandpipers there? Such cute little birds!
According to the Audubon website, sandpipers use California as a place to rest between their breeding and wintering grounds. I haven't seen any in the wild, but I think they have them in the shore birds exhibit at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, so I have likely seen them there. They are adorable!

Two Crows, I think the only times I rest is when I'm unconscious or napping. Too driven for my own good. At 73 I figure I could go "Poof" at any time and be gone :oops:

According to the Audubon website, sandpipers use California as a place to rest between their breeding and wintering grounds. I haven't seen any in the wild, but I think they have them in the shore birds exhibit at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, so I have likely seen them there. They are adorable!
Sandpipers are so darn cute! Some species are endangered now, super sad. It's so interesting how shorebirds have adapted to living along oceans, just super fascinating to me. I need to live along the sea shore somewhere instead of this dry arid mountain top. :p

Here is a chicken-related question:
I bought a chicken saddle for my Speckled Sussex hen, because she lost feathers on her lower back (we do not have a rooster) and has been isolating herself from the rest of the flock to avoid getting pecked by Orloff. If I put it on her during the day, will she react negatively? I have heard of chickens that were very unhappy about having a saddle when it was first put onto them.

Back
Top Bottom