Our first week with the girls

ScrambledChick

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 3, 2013
Pepperell, MA
One week ago today I brought home three hens. All about 8 weeks old (Delaware, Buff Orp and Black Star) it took them 3 days to come out of the coop. Then they were coming out in the morning but not going back in at night. I put them in every night and last night they finally learned to put themselves to bed! They are eating and drinking well and seem to enjoy being out in their covered run all day. They don't seem to like any of the treats I have given them. Carrots, lettuce, blueberries, oatmeal, bread, they are not really interested in anything yet. I guess I'll keep trying until I find something they like. I thought it would be a good way to bond by offering it to them. They seem to be getting along pretty well and really stick together. The Black Star is the most skittish right now, the other two are easier to pick up.

Greeting from North Idaho! My girls like a yogurt slop...plain yogurt, bananas, mixed vegetables (get a bag of frozen and let it thaw),and hot salsa....maybe tidbits of lunch meat. Mix-up, place in front of them and back away. Stuff goes flying....but they LOVE it. They get it once a week.

Back
Top Bottom