Our Mixed Flock Journey!

I needed a little humor today!
I lost my beautiful Ophelia. I really have no idea what happened. I haven't been able to go outside because of all of the smoke. Hubs has been taking care of all of the animals and he didn't notice anything wrong with her yesterday and I hadn't seen any indication of illness before that. He found her in one of the nesting boxes! She was the friendliest of my BO girls and always the first to greet me! I will really miss her...😢

Ophelia Mugshot Monday 11.30.2020.jpg
Ophelia Fluffy Butt Friday 12.4.2020.jpg

I lost my beautiful Ophelia. I really have no idea what happened. I haven't been able to go outside because of all of the smoke. Hubs has been taking care of all of the animals and he didn't notice anything wrong with her yesterday and I hadn't seen any indication of illness before that. He found her in one of the nesting boxes! She was the friendliest of my BO girls and always the first to greet me! I will really miss her...😢

View attachment 2782291View attachment 2782292
I am so sorry. :hugs:hugs:hugs

At least it was quick and likely painless. Perhaps a heart attack. It does happen. I know that doesn't help right now but maybe in a day or so. :hugs:hugs:hugs

Sudden deaths are such a shock. I'm so sorry. :hugs

Oh so sad. And not to even be able to go to her.
She was a very beautiful lady and I am sure had a lovely chickeny life under your care.
Rest In Peace Ophelia.
:hugs :hugs:love

Sorry about your girl Rene :hugs

Sorry about the late reply. I've been so busy and we still have so much to get done.
The Peacock is still in our yard. I was heading out to the chicken pen yesterday & I kind of forgot about him...all of a sudden I heard a very loud sound...made me jump. :gig My husband saw him roosting in our willow tree this morning. So we decided to put some food out for him and we filled one of our animal troughs with water. It's going to be 105-106 the next couple of days & we wanted to make sure he stays healthy. His tail feathers are a bit ragged, so we think he must've had a run in with some dogs at some point before he found refuge in our yard. I went out tonight & he was back up in the tree. He's super alert & very skittish, so we are slowly trying to get him used to our presence.
View attachment 2778469View attachment 2778470
He is beautiful. That deep blue coloring!

I am sad to hear this news. It’s such a helpless feeling to find a previously healthy-appearing chicken dead. I still wonder whatever happened to Dorothy.
RIP Ophelia ❤️😢

Back
Top Bottom