I just ordered butchering cones, to make my life a bit easier, and not have to wait for others to help me. I think I can do it with the cones on my own, because you don't need to hold them.

I also just got an email from the breeder, my eggs are on their way! :wee

good luck with the eggs!

I could not butcher even with all the cones in the world:oops:

good luck with the eggs!

I could not butcher even with all the cones in the world:oops:
It's not easy but it gets easier. At the moment I have a young hen, she can't walk. Lifts up her foot even when laying down. I wanted to butcher her... but I just ordered those sticky bandages to give her some support. I wanted to give her a chance. I don't like to butcher either. But I do it when I must. Either to make space (who wants to buy a rooster? Not many)... or suffering. I do enjoy the meat and appreciate their life and that they gave it for me to eat. There is always a sad feeling when I do.

Hi all :wee
@BDutch advised me to ask here about these strange black lices that i'm finding on my Silkie called Batì. Maybe someone in Europe knows how to treat them. At the moment the magic DE doesn't seem to be working :sick:sick I tried to search on Google but i didn't find this type, only the orange type (that i usually treat with DE without problems...). have you ever seen this?

photo5965345941194125972.jpg

Hi all :wee
@BDutch advised me to ask here about these strange black lices that i'm finding on my Silkie called Batì.

I use gun oil Balistol on the perches, they normally pro-create under there and on the sides, and if you can get it HS Protect Bird Spot on, its like the spot-on for dogs. I have only had red lice, yours looks like black lice

My eggs arrived today. One cracked and one with tiny hole that I fixed with beeswax, but he sent a spare again. They are resting in an egg flat at the moment. Tomorrow after they have sat, I will candle and depending on how they look, will decide how to procede.

I'm just a little ticked off....
On August 17 a guy wanted to buy then 3 of my hens from 2019. He said early September if I were willing to wait. I said sure... a few days later one of those hens died (the crop story). He still wanted the 2 hens.
Late August I asked him when he was thinking he'd come. He said he doesn't know yet he needs to find somebody with a car. He said either on the 5th or 12th he should have somebody. I said fine.. but 12th of September is all I will hold them for.
Now I get a message where he says he'll come on the 19th. grrrr... NO Sir!!! I told him.. I will put them back on the market. If they are still available he can have them. But I will put them back on the market. He then offered Friday (a day before the 19th) as the earlier option.
I said... sorry.. I am putting them back on the market anyways! What am I? Stupid? People like that really make me mad.
So I put them back out on the market.

What is it with people? I had a roll eyes experience, trying to sell my cockerels. First stupid question was, do they crow yet? My answer, no. Then, when do they start to crow? My answer, around 20 weeks. Never got anything after that. What is it with the stupid questions, if you're interested in a rooster that was already crowing, then don't go looking at young ones. Next I got all the usual question, whether I had hens to sell. And if I know where they can get hens....
I gave up after a while and decided to keep them, as you all know. They are good eating and before I sell them to stupid people, I'd rather keep them.

Back
Top Bottom