Amazing ...Congrats 🥳 @Erba

In the Netherlands we have less nice news.
[levendehave.nl]
BIRD FLU IN ALTFORST; SHIELD LIGHT HOBBY POULTRY Hobby keepers and nurseries across the country must shield their poultry and waterfowl so that there is no contact with wild birds and their droppings. This measure applies after highly pathogenic bird flu has been found on a poultry farm in Altforst. An exhibition ban has also been instituted.

I am lucky to have a nice run for my chickens. For people who only free range their chickens this really isn’t okay. We had a chicken flew before That time the regulations where only for commercial farmers.

Maybe bc this virus is more dangerous? But yes this sucks. Poor chickens.

I got 12 chicks out of the 15!
Some are still in the incubator drying off. So one of my best hatches overall and amazing, especially for shipped eggs.

Attachments

• 20201029_204647.jpg
    20201029_204647.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 4
Viruses don’t stay put with wild flying waterfowl having this flew. (Same as covid spreads with people traveling with aeroplanes/cars/busses abroad.)

They think it was a rat or something like that who brought this bird flew into the factory farm. They wrote: ‘an animal that didn’t go through the disinfectant with his feet/boots.’

This bird flew is quit annoying for many BYC hobbyists, the organic and outside free range chicken farmers. The first bc many don't have a run to keep them in. These farmers bc their stables get crowded and they will have a big income drop. within 6 weeks they can’t sell the eggs as organic or outside free range eggs anymore. And for the normal eggs from chickens who are kept inside they get a lower price.

(What is the name of scharrelkippen /inside free range in english? Google translate says free range but that can not be correct).

Back
Top Bottom