People who Partake in Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth?

Only thing I use DE for, is ant control, and my pool filter.
Pool filter DE is usually not Food Grade, which kind are you using?
DE is also used in other filter applications.

I did some digging around on the government site, & Diatomaceous earth has been classified as a Group 3 Carcinogen.
Link, please?

I read about the supposed health benefits of DE, then went down to the health food store to buy some. The sales clerk put on gloves and the type of mask you see painters or exterminators wear before handling it. She said that her employer makes them do that because it will cause lung cancer, and told me how to handle it to keep it from going airborne so I could use it. I carefully used it for about a month and saw no health benefits. I still have a big jar full, but will not be using it around chickens, since they would stir up the dust.

Love it--she dresses up like an exterminator to handle the stuff, then tells me not to worry, just use it properly.
If its food grade I use it as a face mask to draw out the toxins. I've heard the fine powder causes breathing problems but only in this thread have heard cancer before. It has been used in face power eye and eye shadow for many years. I've made a little bit of mascara with this and activated charcoal. I rarely use eye makeup but it's ok when I'm really tired and have to go out

Back
Top Bottom