Pet Ducks Dumped in Neighborhood Pond, Help?

Free range or backyard/pen?

• Total voters
Pics
Ya, if you buy 8 5lb bags it = $48 for 40 lbs! That is insane when you can buy the 40lb bag for $15.99! Our TSC only has small bags too. Just keep on them until they order it. You can't order it online either which stinks! Or maybe I should say we can't order it online. Actually it looks like your store may have that option now that I look at your screen shot!

Last edited:
@Miss Lydia @DuckyDonna @Texag87
Well it seems from everyone replies that the pellets are decently better?

Next time I'm in tsc I gotta look for the bigger bag, i only found the 5lb bag at the store and that's not enough for six hungery quackens.

Though when I went on the tsc website just now to check, the 40lb bag said it was "available at this store" but didnt have a "pick it up today" button like it usually does on products that are available for purchase at my store. Would this mean I would have to order it through tsc, and get it shipped to my store?

Sorry for all of the questions.

Here's a few pics of what it says on the tsc website for my local store, to make things easier

View attachment 2001147
5lb bag has the "pickup in store today" tag like usual
View attachment 2001148
But the 40lb bag says "available to purchase at this store"
What does that mean exactly? Does that mean I could pick it up tomorrow, or would it need to be ordered and shipped to store?
The wording confuses me and Ive never came across that on the tsc website before lol
I think it means that they have it at that store! That's is awesome. I'd call first and make sure but it sure looks like it. I'm sorry, I was watching a movie and then bouncing back and forth with BYC and didn't really read your post the way I should have.

If you can get the duck pellets I don't think you'd need to add anything to their feed unless your having one with a problems with their legs then you might want to keep Nutritional yeast on hand.

@Texag87 why don't you want anyone thinking you have chickens? :lol:

If you can get the duck pellets I don't think you'd need to add anything to their feed unless your having one with a problems with their legs then you might want to keep Nutritional yeast on hand.

@Texag87 why don't you want anyone thinking you have chickens? :lol:
You do have to supplement oyster shell but that's all. The feed is for all ducks which is great because since I have both drakes and ducks I was mixing flock raiser with layena pellets. Now no more mixing! I do put 2 heaping tablespoons of nutritional yeast on top of the food in the buckets when I refill them which is about every 2 days. That's probably not necessary but they are all looking so good I'm not going to stop doing it.

The 5 TSC in driving distance only carry FR crumbles. They waste so much. The ducks are doing fine on the FR pellets but I would feel better about something made just for ducks. Plus, I don’t want people to think I have chickens:gig

@DuckyDonna @Miss Lydia @Texag87

Oh wow, I had no idea that some tsc are so different.
I guess that's the only bonus of living in the midwest, is that there are a lots of farms. Funny enough, one of our main colleges is right by tsc, and the college is also a farm. So the college kids are able to work at the farm, for the their education.

I still haven't called the store yet, but I'll update once I find out.

I think it means that they have it at that store! That's is awesome. I'd call first and make sure but it sure looks like it. I'm sorry, I was watching a movie and then bouncing back and forth with BYC and didn't really read your post the way I should have.

I completely understand, I'm just so thankful i have so many people who still check out this thread, and are willing to help me.
Everyone here has so much useful information, and reply so quickly. Which is always a great help when something goes wrong, and I have no idea what to do lol

And I definitely will give them a call, and update back when I get answear.
Thank you again for all of your help DuckyDonna

You do have to supplement oyster shell but that's all. The feed is for all ducks which is great because since I have both drakes and ducks I was mixing flock raiser with layena pellets. Now no more mixing! I do put 2 heaping tablespoons of nutritional yeast on top of the food in the buckets when I refill them which is about every 2 days. That's probably not necessary but they are all looking so good I'm not going to stop doing it.

Thank you for answering my question DuckyDonna, sorry I'm writting out a sperate post for this one.
Now I'm really hoping my store has the big bag of pellets, we give them oyster shells already, so no worries there.
Anything that's less messy, and might last them longer is a winner in my book.
Plus I'm really bad about giving them brewers yeast, it's more of a forgetful thing.
I know my ancona ducks and Welsh harlequin are probably okay without the yeast, but it's the perkins I worry about snice they carry a lot more weight on those stick legs.

Back
Top Bottom