Pet Ducks Dumped in Neighborhood Pond, Help?

Free range or backyard/pen?

• Total voters
Pics
View attachment 1685245

I assumed we are okay, because we do NOT live in the city limits.

It also says "other pet animals".
You honestly think everyone in our neighborhood who has a pen for their dog is in the 40 feet regulation? Hell no.

Anyways;

I honestly dont think anyone cares, all of the neighbors including us pay extra for living outside the city limits.

I think everyone in the neighborhood has the same feeling of "we can do what we want with our property".

I've only lived in this house for over a decade, close to two decades now.
We are currently the longest residents on our street, that I know of.

Neighbours complaing about one another's yard, has never been a issue.
I just wanted you to be aware that's all:love technically I'm not allowed to have mine But it's chance I take. My neighbors are good and enjoy them with their grandkids!

I just wanted you to be aware that's all:love technically I'm not allowed to have mine But it's chance I take. My neighbors are good and enjoy them with their grandkids!

Sorry, that comment was not directed towards you, it was directed towards Kusanar.

Your comment was very kind, and concerning.

Oh yes, we have lived in apartments in the past that didnt allow animals. Sometimes you just take the risk.

I'm glad your neighbors enjoy your ducks, honestly so far, all of our neighbors are super happy we took in the ducks.

My SO told me today, that another neighbor (who had no idea we had taken in the ducks) was walking their dog. The neighbor got so excited when they saw the ducks.
"You took in the ducks!"
"How are they doing?"

It was very cute, and I hope more neighbours come visit them as I had no idea how many people love the ducks as much as we do.

Sorry, that comment was not directed towards you, it was directed towards Kusanar.

Oh yes, we have lived in apartments in the past that didnt allow animals. Sometimes you just take the risk.

I'm glad your neighbors enjoy your ducks, honestly so far, all of our neighbors are super happy we took in the ducks.

My SO told me today, that another neighbor (who had no idea we had taken in the ducks) was walking their dog. The neighbor got so excited when they saw the ducks.
"You took in the ducks!"
"How are they doing?"

It was very cute, and I hope more neighbours come visit them as I had no idea how many people love the ducks as much as we do.
Thatis is so cool. :love

"You took in the ducks!"
"How are they doing?"

Oh I didn’t take it that way. :hugsThat’s great everybody loves that you took them in! It’s nice to see a community bond together!

Hey everyone, I had bit of a odd question about young ducklings.

Ducklings of the same species; why do some duckling have butts that point up, and others have butts that point down?

Is it a age difference, or genetics?

Well that’s an interesting question? Got pics? Do you have new ducklings?

Well, yes.
I'm still questioning myself if it was a wise decision.

The opportunity seem good, and I had reasons but usually I dont do this type of thing.

So obviously Fergus mating with Downy hasn't gotten any better, her poor head makes me feel so guilty.

But we weren't sure if we could take on a third duck, granted if the third duck didnt pass away we would already have three either way.

Chick days had just started, and honestly I didnt feel tempted to take two home (the minimum requirement at my local tsc).

But that gave me the idea to look at craigslist a few days ago, there where only a few listings and again none of the ducklings tempted me. And unfortunately no one was selling a adult female duck in my area, but my heart dropped when I saw one post .

Someone local to me was selling Ancona ducklings, (ever snice we become duck people I knew I always wanted a ancona duck) as soon as I saw the post I was already arranging with the person to pick them up.

According to the add they had eight ancona ducklings, all stright run.

Orginally I was going to get a respectable two, I knew my odds on getting a girl weren't the best but I was willing to take the risk.
Well long story short, the guy talk me into buying the last six.
So now I have five ancona ducklings, and one Welsh harlequin.
The guy was also selling WH, and black cayuga duckling. My SO likes WH, so I wasnt disappointed in not getting a extra ancona duckling.

We picked them up yesterday, and they seem to be doing great. We already had all the supplies we needed, so getting them set up wasn't hard.

But now I have six mystery ducklings, when I only wanted one female. I'm feeling a little regretful, and guilty for making such a impulsive decision when it comes to living animals.

I know I should of just bought one female ducking online, but I was worried that one duckling in the mail would die.

I'm just hoping we get one female, and that I can find the others loving homes.

I just feel kinda stupid, and worried about these ducklings future.

I don't know anyone that would ship just one duckling. :confused:
I'm sorry you're feeling regretful, we have all been there. Once they are grown you will probably love having them and watching their goofiness. If you get males you will probably be able to rehome them.
I wouldn't stress too much, just try to enjoy them while they are cute little fluff balls.:D:love

Well one nice thing is Ancona shouldn’t be hard to rehome or the WH turns out to be a drake. They aren’t like Pekins that you can get just about anywhere. So just hang in there till
You know. Of course we need some pics of the little cuties . Something you could do about Fergus is to split your run and ark into two spaces so they are still together but he isn’t over mating Downy. A lot of members have to do this to keep their females safe . Drakes can really over use 1 female.

Back
Top Bottom