Pics
What does clone stamp do?
OriginalClone Stamp
1656175157897.png
1656175144557.png

Disclaimer:
I have no idea how to use it properly.

What does clone stamp do?

I wouldn’t even have seen the of you didn’t point them out. The second one looks better. You can see the power line still near the tree though 🙂
Cloning stamp allows you to do spot copy and paste from one area of your image to another. For example on those power lines in the trees, I can select an area of sky just above the tree, clone that, and paste it in where the power line is to cover it up and match the sky around it.

The spot healing brush is similar, but instead of a copy and paste from one area to the other, it samples the image in and around where you click and tries to blend it. This can be a problem if you get into sections of your image where you have abrupt changes in the image (around the cactus for example). Your sampling tolerance can pick up and copy bad parts to the place you want to heal *like little random patches of cactus floating in the sky, so the healing brush is better used in open spaces (like for removing dust spots).

A mix of the 2 will usually cure most blemishes in a shot.

@casportpony lets see if your eyes are better than mine. I can't find the lines anymore and I know where they are. :)
_DSC9965-Edit.jpg

Haha didn't notice that. I don't use pohotoshop. It’s not my computer
You will need some kind of editing software to do it. Photoshop is 20 bucks a month, and if you're a student I thik it's even cheaper. You might also look at the Gimp, which is free and has support for windows and mac. It's a bit of a steep learnign curve for both, but there are tons of YT vids on how to use the tools out there that are far better at explaining it than I am. On a mobile device I'm not a lot of help. I do all my editing on my giant monitors and desktop pc. :(

https://www.gimp.org/

Back
Top Bottom