Pics of my kid's club first crochet projects

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
We haven't gotten our supplies yet and are working with donated yarn and some hooks we bought. But let me tell you these kids are on the ball! We've been off for two weeks and they are still avidly working on their projects and learning so that when we get our yarn, hooks, needles, and looms, hopefully in February, they will be ready to tackle it head on!
This is their Granny Square baby blanket they made for a fellow teacher I believe 9 students worked on the squares and no they weren't perfect and didn't match totally but they came together in a nice little blanket!
5415_0102001027.jpg

And these are some of the little beanies, pot holder/coasters, and a bib:
5415_0102001026.jpg

PS: Easy Patterns appreciated!

I can type out directions for the sunset stripe afgans I made for the NICU at Loma Linda, do you need them cribsized or twin sized?

30078_image013.jpg

Sunset Stripe - crib sized

This is the easiest afgan I know, and it comes out looking far more complicated than it is.

Needed:

1 rainbow yarn (for kids I use the redheart kid's brights)
2 solid colors that cordinate with the rainbow yarn.
I like an I hook, but hook size doesn't matter.

Row 1: With Solid A, chain 40 inches (no need to count just use a yardstick)
Row 2: in the 3rd chain from hook, make a double crochet (this turns the afgan over), then 1 double crochet in each chain stitch back down the row.
Row 3 &4: Chain 3, turn the afgan over, make a double crochet in each stitch across. End of row 4, cast off color.
Row 5: Rainbow color: CHAIN 3 turn, double crochet in each stitch across, cast off color.
row 6 &7: Solid A: chain 3 double crochet in each stitch across, cast off end of row 7.
Row 8 & 9 rainbow color: chain 3 double crochet in each stitch across, cast off row 9.
row 10, solid A: Chain 3 double crochet in each stitch across, cast off.
row 11-13 Rainbow color: chain 3 Double crochet in each stitch across, cast off end of row 13.

By this point you should see this pattern:
A
A
A
R
A
A
R
R
A
R
R
R

Continue with the chain 3 and turning each row while making stripes wider and slimmer.

A
A
A
R
A
A
R
R
A
R
R
R
B
R
R
B
B
R
B
B
B
R
B
B
R
R
B
R
R
R
A
R
R
A
A
R
A
A
A

At this point the blanket should be about the right size, now make the edging, i'm fond of a simple single crochet in each stitch around the edge, fussy edges are overkill on this simple pattern.

Last edited:
Quote:
I wasn't so sure I was explaining it well, but the stripes in changing sizes & colors make it look more complicated than it is to make. The one i'm holding is a twin size, but the same 1 2 3 pattern.

Back
Top Bottom