Pictures of my coop :)

alecia86

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 29, 2012
Well, just picture actually.

We purchased the coop at the end (house etc). But its just not big enough, given that they spend a lot of time in there during the week.

So my Dad spent most of his weekend building an extension for it. Keep in mind it got to 41 degrees celcius here yesterday (105 fahrenheit). I think he has done a great job! The chickens are (Somewhat) happy. (not so happy about being shoved in together though, but they'll get over that, there's enough room for them to keep away from each other.

The extension is approx 2m long x 1.5m wide x 1m high. The actual coop is approx 2m long x 1m high x 80cm deep. and they have access between the two.

It has a bar across the middle for them to sit on (which henrietta did while we moved the whole thing - even though she was allowed to free range. Penny sat next to her and pecked her head. neither of them moved? I think henrietta (the newest chicken) is standing her ground now that the coop is different, and in a different spot. She made herself comfy in the nesting box long before penny was ready for bed! (of course that didn't go down too well, but they dealt with it).

Anyway, for the picture:

I would say you could fit 6 to 10 birds in there. Nice coop
thumbsup.gif

Thanks guys! It's just the two of them, and we won't be getting any more lol. They are noisey and pooey enough as it is! (Actually the law says for our yard size that we can only have 2 anyway).

I have just covered it with a tarp aswell, because its raining here, and will for a few days so hopefully it will stay relatively dry for them... They're a bit spoilt.

Umm I still have to fid something to attach the two together. Maybe more chicken wire, or wire, or rope. Not too sure...

Back
Top Bottom