Pig Bomb

My bro. lives in Texas. He was driving home late one night and saw a guy hit a feral hog on the road. My bro. stopped and the guy helped him load it on his truck. Freshly killed my bro. hauled it home and dressed it out. He said he wasn't too proud to eat road kill. He said the guy's truck was real messed up from hitting the hog.
sad.png
:

Pigs-- as in feral domestic pigs? Everyone needs to understand no porcine species are native to the Americas.
I have about a 200+ pounder under survelance right now. He is completely nocturnal. As long as deer season is open I am not allowed by law to hunt him at night.soon as I am able I will either hunt him at night or build a trap.

I recall seeing wild pigs on our family's ranch in the Texas Panhandle in the 1950's, so they have been around a long time.

A guy I used to work with went pig hunting on a ranch outside Waco; he called home and told his wife to go buy another freezer. He said they shot eleven pigs in one day.

He said he intended to clean them himself, but they he saw all of the ticks on the first one they shot, and he decided to let the ranch hands do the cleaning and butchering.

I guess that you want to avoid shooting the boars because the meat is kind of rank.

Rufus

My brother hunts them on farms where they have become destructive in NC. The meat is not bad at all if it is handled right. The tenderloin is pure good. gloria Jean

Quote:
Well, there are peccaries, which are pretty darn close.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peccary

Peccaries closest relative is the hippo isn't it? Not even related to the pig is it? I think I heard that in a video in Biology class...

Nope, the peccary's closest relatives are swine. They are both in the suborder Suina. The hippo may or may not be in that suborder (typical classification debate among taxonomists), but the hippo is the closest relative of the swine/peccary group.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom