Pigeon Bulletin Board?

How big of wire do you have? I had one pull a head off through 1 inch hardware cloth.
1/2 inch hardware cloth. I have no idea how long he was sitting there. The quail didn't seem bothered by him so hopefully he wasn't there long.
My girly scream scared him off pretty quick.
I didn't stick around to see where he flew off to. I ran back inside.:lol:

This cage sits right up against my patio railing and he was just chilling on the railing right up against the cage...like he belonged there.

The idiot.

Had my dogs been outside I like to think he wouldn't have made it to landing on my railing.

I bet that was a beauty!

The link was just a list of some interesting pigeon varieties that I ran across

Here are a few that were listed:
Barb Pigeon
Barb(black).jpg

Ice Pigeon
Ice_Pigeon.jpg

English pouter pigeon
English_pouter(brown).jpg

German Modena
Modena%2C_german%28barless_silver%29.jpg

Capuchin Red
capuchen-red.jpg
I do like pouters - @holm25 's almond is prettier! The Modenas are supposed to be aggressive. I think I saw a vid where the judge poked at the bird to be sure it was feisty enough... @backyard pigeons , did you notice this at the Louisville show?

Another breed i wanted was fantails but in person they all looked sick, miserable, and inbred. But that is likely because they are kept in tiny cages prior to the show so they dont mess up their tail.

I liked them at first but then realized that they have been bred to hold their heads SO far back it just looks uncomfortable and isn't a look that I like :(

An example:

3ba6126b0a47635bef803d2744f9a47f--fantail-pigeon-blue-bar.jpg

Back
Top Bottom