Pigeon Bulletin Board?

I'd like to hear from @sourland and @Hokum Coco
I think you are developing good instincts on caring for your flock. Yes we both may have guided you along at the beginning. That being said you made some good decisions on your own I have taken note. We all been in your situation and you give it your best shot and see what happens when you approach a problem with a bit of forethought. I think you are on the right track.

If she were mine, I would keep her caged but would put her mate in a cage next to her. I would not put them together until she is healed as he may want to start the nest building/mating/driving scenario before she is ready.

I'm considering honey ... I dont think its infected, might leave it if I see a good scab forming when I look later. I'm just :fl its not worse than I think.

Dont have her mate with her now. I'd like to hear from @sourland and @Hokum Coco if I should keep her alone or...?

That is my view as well. Have you ever had this happen?

I have had birds return from flights 'sliced' by hawks. Sometimes a bird will veer and elude a direct, killing hit and just get ripped by the hawk's talons. One rule to never forget is: 'Never fly birds that you can not afford to lose.' The hawks always seem to get the best. It sounds as if she should heal readily. Good luck with her.

Be careful what you ask for. :lau

Me thinks you might be asking for a :smack

:lau

Once your pigeons lay a clutch, after a week candle them and see if they are fertile. Many new pairs first clutch or two arent fertile. Keep us updated though!

I got them as adults, actually not sure how old they are, but the man I got them from said they had raised 2 clutches already. (I think that's what he said, I was distracted by their beauty.... the words were blah, blah, blah.... lol!) But thanks for the tip! I will definitely candle them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom